Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Piche, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Piche and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Piche:
- 47.608908, -104.231373
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Piche
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Piche ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Burns [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Burns
- Burns [Richland County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Piche
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Burns have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Burns
- Cartwright [McKenzie County]
- Crane [Richland County]
- Fox Lake [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake [Richland County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<1> to the west of Piche
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Knife River [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knife River
- Knife River [Richland County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the southwest of Piche
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Knife River have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knife River
- Ridgelawn [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ridgelawn
- Ridgelawn [Richland County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Piche
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Ridgelawn have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ridgelawn
- Riverview [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Riverview
- Riverview [Richland County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the northeast of Piche
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Riverview have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Riverview
- Savage [Richland County]
How Far From Piche to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Piche to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Piche and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Sidney, which is the Seat of Richland County and lies just to the North Northeast.
- Helena, which is the State Capital of Montana, lies 372 miles [598.7 km]<1> to the west (W). If you could drive a straight line from Piche to Helena, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take 6 hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 22 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 15 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,484 miles [2,388.3 km] to the east southeast (ESE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 58 days and walking would take 85 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,399 miles [10,298.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,166 miles [11,532.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,141 miles [8,273.6 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Piche
Communities in Montana
About Richland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Piche. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Richland County: www.richland.org/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Piche) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Piche. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from PicheOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Piche. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.6089, Longitude: -104.2314 |
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Piche to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 326.422 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 325.762 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 316.351 degrees.||