Welcome to Crane ...
Crane is located in Richland County<1>.
Crane is 1,940 feet [591 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Crane lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Crane and travel east, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
Crane is located in the (406) area code.
The ZIP code for Crane: 59217<3>
Communities Also Named Crane ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 13 communities that are also named Crane - they are located in Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Texas, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Crane.
Communities near Crane ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Crane.
- Sidney [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sidney
- Sidney [Richland County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Crane
- Estimated population in 2019: 6,173 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sidney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sidney<5>
- Knife River [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Knife River
- Knife River [Richland County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Crane
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Knife River have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Knife River
- Savage [Richland County]
- Fox Lake [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake [Richland County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Crane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lambert [Richland County]
- Fairview [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairview
- Fairview [Richland County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Crane
- Estimated population in 2019: 864 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairview have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairview<5>
- Harding [McKenzie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harding
- Harding [McKenzie County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Crane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harding
- Cartwright [McKenzie County]
- Enid [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enid
- Enid [Richland County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the west of Crane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enid
- Dore [McKenzie County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dore
- Dore [McKenzie County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<4> to the northeast of Crane
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dore
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Crane. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Crane.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Crane. See our Newspapers Page for Crane.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Crane ...
Looking for more information about Crane? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Crane, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Crane.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Montana
About Richland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Crane. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Richland County: www.richland.org/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Richland, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Crane - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Crane). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Crane or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Crane) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Crane. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Crane
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Crane. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.5771, Longitude: -104.2587
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|