Welcome to Savage ...
Savage is located in Richland County<1>.
Savage is 1,980 feet [604 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Savage lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Savage and travel east, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
The telephone area code for Savage: (406)
The ZIP code for Savage: 59262<3>
Communities Also Named Savage ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 11 communities that are also named Savage - they are located in Illinois, Kentucky, Maryland, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina and Texas (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Savage.
Communities near Savage ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Savage.
- Sidney [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sidney
- Sidney [Richland County] lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the northeast of Savage
- Population from the 2020 Census: 6,297 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sidney
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sidney<5>
- Crane [Richland County]
- Piche [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piche
- Piche [Richland County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Savage
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Piche
- Fox Lake [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fox Lake
- Fox Lake [Richland County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Savage
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fox Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lambert [Richland County]
- Bloomfield [Dawson County]
- Enid [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Enid
- Enid [Richland County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northwest of Savage
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Enid
- Glendive [Dawson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Glendive
- Glendive [Dawson County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Savage
- Population from the 2020 Census: 4,878 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Glendive
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Glendive<5>
- Fairview [Richland County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fairview
- Fairview [Richland County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the northeast of Savage
- Population from the 2020 Census: 882 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fairview have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fairview
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fairview<5>
- West Glendive [Dawson County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for West Glendive
- West Glendive [Dawson County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Savage
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for West Glendive have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on West Glendive
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Savage. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Savage.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Savage. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Savage.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Savage. See our Newspapers Page for Savage.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Savage ...
Looking for more information about Savage? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Savage, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Savage.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Richland County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Savage. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Richland County: www.richland.org/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Richland, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Savage - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Savage). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Savage or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Savage) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Savage. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SavageOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Savage. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 47.4535, Longitude: -104.3429 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|