Census Data for McDermott ...
So far, we have found very little information about McDermott. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added McDermott to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with McDermott, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, McDermott has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for McDermott, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Sunburst [Toole County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunburst
- Sunburst [Toole County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of McDermott
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sunburst have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunburst
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sunburst<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coutts
- Coutts lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of McDermott
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coutts came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coutts
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Coutts<4>
- Kevin [Toole County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kevin
- Kevin [Toole County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the southwest of McDermott
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kevin have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kevin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kevin<4>
- Milk River
- Shelby [Toole County]
- Chester [Liberty County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chester
- Chester [Liberty County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<2> to the southeast of McDermott
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chester have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chester
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chester<4>
Toole County ...
McDermott is located in Toole County<6>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Toole County.
Miscellaneous Information for McDermott ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Toole County or the community of McDermott:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to McDermott:
- GNIS ID for McDermott: 1750060
- GNIS ID for Toole County: 1719566
- GNIS ID for State of Montana: 767982
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- McDermott would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for McDermott.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Montana
About Toole County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about McDermott, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McDermott) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in McDermott. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.9139, Longitude: -111.5230 In this case, the coordinates for McDermott have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Toole, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|