Welcome to Archer ...
Archer is located in Sheridan County<1>.
The location of Archer has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Archer is 2,060 feet [628 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Archer lies in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Archer and travel east, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT).
Archer is located in the (406) area code.
Communities Also Named Archer ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 18 communities that are also named Archer - they are located in Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska (2), Nevada, Ohio, Ontario, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Archer.
Communities near Archer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Archer.
- Plentywood [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Plentywood
- Plentywood [Sheridan County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the east of Archer
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,732 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Plentywood have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Plentywood
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Plentywood<5>
- Flaxville [Daniels County]
- Outlook [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Outlook
- Outlook [Sheridan County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the north of Archer
- Estimated population in 2019: 47 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Outlook have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Outlook
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Outlook<5>
- Redstone [Sheridan County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Daleview [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Daleview
- Daleview [Sheridan County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Archer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Daleview
- Raymond [Sheridan County]
- Big Muddy - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Muddy
- Big Muddy was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the north of Archer
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Big Muddy. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Antelope [Sheridan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antelope
- Antelope [Sheridan County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Archer
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Antelope have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antelope
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Antelope<5>
- Whitetail [Daniels County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Regway
- Regway lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Archer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Regway
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Archer. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Archer.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Archer. See our Newspapers Page for Archer.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Archer ...
Looking for more information about Archer? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Archer, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Archer.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Montana
About Sheridan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Archer. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Sheridan County: www.co.sheridan.mt.us/
The official website for State of Montana: https://mt.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Montana's counties, including Sheridan, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Archer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Archer) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Archer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 48.7928, Longitude: -104.8108 In this case, the coordinates for Archer have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|