Welcome to Waldrup ...
So far, we found very little information about Waldrup. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Waldrup to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Waldrup, please Contact Us.
Waldrup would have been located within present day Jasper County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Waldrup, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Waldrup is 310 feet [94 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Waldrup was located is in the Central Time Zone (CST/CDT) and observes daylight saving time
If Waldrup still existed, it would have been in the (601) and (769)<5> area codes.
Waldrup was founded in 1908.
Communities near Waldrup ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Waldrup.
- Bay Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bay Springs
- Bay Springs lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<6> to the west of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,650 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bay Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bay Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bay Springs<7>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sandersville
- Sandersville lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the south of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 721 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sandersville
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Soso
- Soso lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<6> to the southwest of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 396 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Soso
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Louin
- Louin lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<6> to the northwest of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 262 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Louin
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pachuta
- Pachuta lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northeast of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 227 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pachuta have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pachuta
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Montrose
- Montrose lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<6> to the northwest of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 137 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Montrose
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sylvarena
- Sylvarena lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<6> to the west of Waldrup.
- Population from the 2020 Census: 106 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sylvarena
- Fouke ‑ Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fouke
- Fouke was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<6> to the north of Waldrup.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fouke have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Waldrup. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Waldrup.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Waldrup. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Waldrup.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Waldrup. See our Newspapers Page for Waldrup.
Adding Waldrup to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Waldrup in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
From our notes, the earliest published mention we've found for Waldrup was on a map titled Map of Mississippi (from Rand McNally, 1911).
For more details, see References and Mentions for Waldrup.
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Waldrup, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Mississippi's counties, including Jasper, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Waldrup - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (769) is an overlay for area code (601).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Waldrup) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Waldrup. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from WaldrupOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Waldrup. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.9653, Longitude: -89.1075 In this case, the coordinates for Waldrup have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|