When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Brandon.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Brandon. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Brandon.
Large Airports ...
- New Orleans Intl. (MSY/KMSY)
- Memphis Intl. (MEM/KMEM)
- Birmingham Intl. (BHM/KBHM)
- Little Rock National Airport (LIT/KLIT)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Jackson - Evers Intl. (JAN/KJAN)
- Hattiesburg - Laurel Rgnl. (PIB/KPIB)
- Hattiesburg Muni. (HBG/KHBG)
- Greenville Intl.
- Greenville International Airport lies 100 miles [160.9 km]<2> miles to the northwest of Brandon.
- Official website: https://www.gspairport.com/
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Greenville International Airport
- Mid Delta Rgnl. (GLH/KGLH)
General Aviation Airports ...
- Bruce Campbell Fld. (FAA ID: MBO)
- Bruce Campbell Field lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Brandon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bruce Campbell Field
- Hawkins Fld. (ICAO: KHKS)
- John Bell Williams Airport (FAA ID: M16)
- John Bell Williams Airport lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> miles to the west of Brandon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on John Bell Williams Airport
- Forest Muni.
- Forest Municipal Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Brandon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Forest Municipal Airport
- G. V. Montgomery Airport (FAA ID: 2M4)
- G. V. Montgomery Airport lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> miles to the east of Brandon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on G. V. Montgomery Airport
- Magee Muni. (FAA ID: 17M)
- Magee Municipal Airport lies 31 miles [49.9 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Brandon.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Magee Municipal Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Mississippi Community
About Rankin County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Brandon. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Rankin County: www.rankincounty.org/
The official website for State of Mississippi: https://www.ms.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Brandon), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Brandon) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Brandon. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Brandon
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Brandon. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.2788, Longitude: -90.0014