Census Data for Burtons Ferry Landing ...
As far as we can tell, Burtons Ferry Landing<1> has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Burtons Ferry Landing, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Hilltonia [Screven County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hilltonia
- Hilltonia [Screven County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the west of Burtons Ferry Landing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Hilltonia came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<3>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hilltonia
- Hiltonia [Screven County]
- Allendale [Allendale County]
- Girard [Burke County]
- Sardis [Burke County]
- Sylvania [Screven County]
- Fairfax [Allendale County]
- Gifford [Hampton County]
- Continue List (210 more) ...
- Kline [Barnwell County]
- Luray [Hampton County]
- Sycamore [Allendale County]
- Brunson [Hampton County]
- Estill [Hampton County]
- Ulmer [Allendale County]
- Snelling [Barnwell County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Snelling
- Snelling [Barnwell County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the north of Burtons Ferry Landing
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Snelling have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Snelling
Screven County ...
Burtons Ferry Landing is located in Screven County<6>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Screven County.
Miscellaneous Information for Burtons Ferry Landing ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Screven County or the community of Burtons Ferry Landing:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Burtons Ferry Landing:
- GNIS ID for Burtons Ferry Landing: 331292
- GNIS ID for Screven County: 350204
- GNIS ID for State of Georgia: 1705317
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Burtons Ferry Landing is located in Census Region #3 (the South Region) and Division #5 (the South Atlantic Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Burtons Ferry Landing.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Georgia
About Screven County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Burtons Ferry Landing. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for State of Georgia: https://georgia.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||It's a common practice for mapmakers to remove the apostrophe from possessive names. So Burtons Ferry Landing may originally have been Burton's Ferry Landing. Sometimes the trailing 's' might be dropped altogether, in which case Burtons Ferry Landing might be written as Burton Ferry Landing. For more information, please visit our Genealogy Helper Page for Burtons Ferry Landing.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Burtons Ferry Landing) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Burtons Ferry Landing. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.9368, Longitude: -81.5040 In this case, the coordinates for Burtons Ferry Landing have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<3>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||If you're interested in how the shape of Georgia's counties, including Screven, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|