Welcome to Seminole ...
The city of Seminole is located in Pinellas County<1>.
When the people of Seminole refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Seminolian<2>
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Seminole has a population of 18,838 people<3> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Seminole.
Seminole is near sea level<4>.
Time Zone: Seminole lies in the Eastern Time Zone (EST/EDT) and observes daylight saving time
The area code for Seminole: (727)
The ZIP codes for Seminole: 33772, 33775-33777<5>
Websites for Seminole ...
Chamber of Commerce: www.SeminoleChamber.net/
Although we don't have any websites that are specific to Seminole, the following might be of interest:
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Seminole had an population of 18,838 people. This is an increase of 9.31% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 72.98% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Seminole had a population of 17,233 people. This makes Seminole the county's 7th most populous community.
The population of Seminole represents 0.09% of the population of Florida (which has 18,801,310 people), making it the state's 116th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 17,233 people, the population of Seminole increased 58.25% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 10,890 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Seminole.
Communities Also Named Seminole ...
While we believe that this Seminole is located in Pinellas County, we know of another 2 Florida communities named Seminole. Those communities are located in the following counties: Hillsborough and Okaloosa County.
Beyond Florida, there are 10 communities that are also named Seminole - they are located in Alabama, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas and West Virginia (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Seminole.
Communities near Seminole ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Seminole.
- Saint Petersburg [Pinellas County]
- Clearwater [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clearwater
- Clearwater [Pinellas County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the north of Seminole
- Estimated population in 2019: 116,946 people
- Former name for Clearwater:
- Clear Water Harbor
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clearwater
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clearwater<7>
- Dunedin [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunedin
- Dunedin [Pinellas County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<6> to the north of Seminole
- Estimated population in 2019: 36,537 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunedin
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dunedin<7>
- Safety Harbor [Pinellas County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Oldsmar [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oldsmar
- Oldsmar [Pinellas County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<6> to the northeast of Seminole
- Estimated population in 2019: 15,061 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oldsmar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oldsmar<7>
- Gulfport [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gulfport
- Gulfport [Pinellas County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the southeast of Seminole
- Estimated population in 2019: 12,342 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gulfport
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gulfport<7>
- Saint Pete Beach [Pinellas County]
- Saint Petersburg Beach [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saint Petersburg Beach
- Saint Petersburg Beach [Pinellas County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<6> to the south of Seminole
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saint Petersburg Beach came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<8>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Saint Petersburg Beach
- South Pasadena [Pinellas County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for South Pasadena
- South Pasadena [Pinellas County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<6> to the southeast of Seminole
- Estimated population in 2019: 5,095 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for South Pasadena have been provided by the GNIS.<9> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on South Pasadena
- Belleair [Pinellas County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Seminole. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Seminole.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Seminole. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Seminole.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Seminole. See our Newspapers Page for Seminole.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Seminole ...
Looking for more information about Seminole? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Seminole, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Seminole.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Florida Community
About Pinellas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Seminole. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pinellas County: www.pinellascounty.org/
The official website for State of Florida: www.myflorida.com/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Florida's counties, including Pinellas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Seminole refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a city's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Seminole may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Seminole.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Seminole - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a city (such as Seminole). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Seminole or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
Our list of ZIP Codes for Seminole includes: 33772, 33775, 33776 & 33777.
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Seminole) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Seminole. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SeminoleOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Seminole. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 27.8396, Longitude: -82.7871 |
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<9>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|