Welcome to Quincy ...
Quincy is located in Plumas County<1> and is the County Seat for Plumas County.
When the people of Quincy refer to themselves (known as a demonym), they frequently use Quincyan<2>
Quincy is 3,430 feet [1,045 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Quincy is about ¾ mile [or ~1 km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Quincy lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Quincy is within the boundaries of the (530) area code.
The ZIP code for Quincy: 95971<4>
Communities Also Named Quincy ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 27 communities that are also named Quincy - they are located in Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas (2), Kentucky, Massachusetts, Michigan (2), Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Ontario, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Quincy.
Communities near Quincy ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Quincy.
- Keddie (5 miles [8 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Keddie
- Keddie lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the north of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Keddie
- Massack (5 miles [8 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Massack
- Massack lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the east of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Massack
- Spanish Ranch (5 miles [8 km] to the west)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spanish Ranch
- Spanish Ranch lies 5 miles [8 km]<5> to the west of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Spanish Ranch have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spanish Ranch
- Meadow Valley (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west)
- Silver Creek (6 miles [9.7 km] to the west) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Creek
- Silver Creek was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<5> to the west of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Paxton (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paxton
- Paxton lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the north of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Paxton have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paxton
- Indian Falls (8 miles [12.9 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Indian Falls
- Indian Falls lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the north of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Indian Falls have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Indian Falls
- Spring Garden (8 miles [12.9 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Spring Garden
- Spring Garden lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<5> to the east of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Spring Garden
- Twain (8 miles [12.9 km] to the northwest)
- Moccasin (9 miles [14.5 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Moccasin
- Moccasin lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<5> to the north of Quincy and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Moccasin
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Quincy. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Quincy.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Quincy. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Quincy.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Quincy. See our Newspapers Page for Quincy.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Quincy ...
Looking for more information about Quincy? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Quincy, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Quincy.
Adding Quincy to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Quincy in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Quincy was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Quincy on a map titled Shell Oil Road Map for California (1956).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Quincy on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Quincy
Search for a Community in California
About Plumas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Quincy. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Plumas County: www.countyofplumas.com/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Plumas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||A demonym is the name for a resident of a community which is usually derived from (or is related to) the name of that community. In other words, it's how the residents of Quincy refer to themselves. It's important to note that there aren't any rules for taking a community's name and turning it into a demonym. A demonym is informal and while the majority of Quincy may use one name, keep in mind that others may use something different.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Quincy - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Quincy). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Quincy or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Quincy) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Quincy. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from QuincyOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Quincy. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.9368, Longitude: -120.9455 |
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|