Welcome to McCloud ...
McCloud is located in Siskiyou County<1>.
McCloud is 3,280 feet [1,000 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of McCloud is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: McCloud lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
McCloud lies within the (530) area code.
The ZIP code for McCloud: 96057<3>
Communities Also Named McCloud ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named McCloud - they are located in Kansas (3), Montana, Tennessee and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for McCloud.
Communities near McCloud ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near McCloud.
- Mount Shasta [Siskiyou County]
- Weed [Siskiyou County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weed
- Weed [Siskiyou County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of McCloud
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,668 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Weed
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Weed<5>
- Dunsmuir [Siskiyou County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dunsmuir
- Dunsmuir [Siskiyou County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of McCloud
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,548 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dunsmuir
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Dunsmuir<5>
- Shasta Springs [Siskiyou County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shasta Springs
- Shasta Springs [Siskiyou County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the west of McCloud
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shasta Springs
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Castle Crags [Shasta County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Castle Crags
- Castle Crags [Shasta County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of McCloud
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Castle Crags have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Castella [Shasta County]
- Algoma [Siskiyou County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Algoma
- Algoma [Siskiyou County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the east of McCloud
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Algoma. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Conant [Shasta County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Conant
- Conant [Shasta County] was located 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of McCloud
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Conant have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Sweetbriar [Shasta County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sweetbriar
- Sweetbriar [Shasta County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the southwest of McCloud
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sweetbriar
- Flume [Shasta County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flume
- Flume [Shasta County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the southwest of McCloud
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Flume. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around McCloud. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for McCloud.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of McCloud. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around McCloud.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around McCloud. See our Newspapers Page for McCloud.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for McCloud ...
Looking for more information about McCloud? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for McCloud, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for McCloud.
Adding McCloud to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of McCloud in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for McCloud was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for McCloud on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in California
About Siskiyou County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for McCloud. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Siskiyou County: www.co.siskiyou.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Siskiyou, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around McCloud - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as McCloud). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether McCloud or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McCloud) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McCloud. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McCloudOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in McCloud. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 41.2560, Longitude: -122.1383 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|