Welcome to Loleta ...
Loleta is located in Humboldt County<1>.
We don't have a date for the establishment of Loleta.
The community of Loleta was previously named Swauger's Station.
Loleta is 40 feet [12 m] above sea level.<2>.
Time Zone: Loleta lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The telephone area code for Loleta: (707)
The ZIP code for Loleta: 95551<3>
Communities Also Named Loleta ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Loleta - it's located in Pennsylvania.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Loleta.
Communities near Loleta ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Loleta.
- Eureka [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eureka
- Eureka [Humboldt County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the north of Loleta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 26,652 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eureka
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eureka<5>
- Arcata [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcata
- Arcata [Humboldt County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northeast of Loleta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 18,044 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcata
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Arcata<5>
- Fortuna [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fortuna
- Fortuna [Humboldt County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southeast of Loleta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,107 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fortuna
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fortuna<5>
- Rio Dell [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rio Dell
- Rio Dell [Humboldt County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Loleta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,439 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rio Dell
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Rio Dell<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ferndale [Humboldt County]
- Port Kenyon [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Port Kenyon
- Port Kenyon [Humboldt County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Loleta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Port Kenyon
- Fields Landing [Humboldt County]
- Humboldt Hill [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Humboldt Hill
- Humboldt Hill [Humboldt County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the north of Loleta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Humboldt Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Humboldt Hill
- Falk [Humboldt County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Falk
- Falk [Humboldt County] was located 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the east of Loleta
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Falk. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Rohnerville [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rohnerville
- Rohnerville [Humboldt County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the southeast of Loleta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rohnerville
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Loleta. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Loleta.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Loleta. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Loleta.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Loleta. See our Newspapers Page for Loleta.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Loleta ...
Looking for more information about Loleta? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Loleta, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Loleta.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for California
About Humboldt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Loleta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Humboldt County: www.co.humboldt.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Humboldt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Loleta - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Loleta). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Loleta or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Loleta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Loleta. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from LoletaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Loleta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6434, Longitude: -124.2237 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|