Welcome to Falk ...
So far, we have found very little information about Falk. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Falk to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Falk, please Contact Us.
Falk would have been located within present day Humboldt County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Falk, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where Falk was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Communities near Falk ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Falk.
- Eureka [Humboldt County]
- Arcata [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcata
- Arcata [Humboldt County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<4> to the north of Falk
- Population from the 2020 Census: 18,044 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcata
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Arcata<5>
- Fortuna [Humboldt County]
- Rio Dell [Humboldt County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Ferndale [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferndale
- Ferndale [Humboldt County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of Falk
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,362 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferndale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ferndale<5>
- Blue Lake [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Lake
- Blue Lake [Humboldt County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the northeast of Falk
- Population from the 2020 Census: 1,244 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Blue Lake<5>
- Pine Hills [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pine Hills
- Pine Hills [Humboldt County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Falk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pine Hills have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pine Hills
- Hookton [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hookton
- Hookton [Humboldt County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Falk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hookton
- Humboldt Hill [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Humboldt Hill
- Humboldt Hill [Humboldt County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the northwest of Falk
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Humboldt Hill have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Humboldt Hill
- Table Bluff [Humboldt County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Table Bluff
- Table Bluff [Humboldt County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of Falk
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Table Bluff
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Falk. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Falk.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Falk. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Falk.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Falk. See our Newspapers Page for Falk.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for California
About Humboldt County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Humboldt County: www.co.humboldt.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Falk, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Humboldt, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Falk) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Falk. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from FalkOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Falk. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.6769, Longitude: -124.1090 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|