Welcome to Canyondam ...
Canyondam is located in Plumas County<1>.
Canyondam is 4,590 feet [1,399 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Canyondam is about ¾ mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Canyondam lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Canyondam is located in the (530) area code.
The ZIP code for Canyondam: 95923<3>
Communities near Canyondam ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Canyondam.
- East Shore (4 miles [6.4 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for East Shore
- East Shore lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the north of Canyondam and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on East Shore
- Seneca (4 miles [6.4 km] to the south) - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seneca
- Seneca was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the south of Canyondam and is located in Plumas County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seneca have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Prattville (5 miles [8 km] to the northwest)
- Greenville (6 miles [9.7 km] to the east)
- Lake Almanor Country Club (6 miles [9.7 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Almanor Country Club
- Lake Almanor Country Club lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Canyondam and is located in Plumas County
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lake Almanor Country Club have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Almanor Country Club
- Caribou (7 miles [11.3 km] to the southwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Caribou
- Caribou lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Canyondam and is located in Plumas County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Caribou
- Hamilton Branch (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Lake Almanor Peninsula (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Peninsula Village (7 miles [11.3 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Peninsula Village
- Peninsula Village lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the north of Canyondam and is located in Lassen County
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Peninsula Village
- Peninsula Village (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Canyondam. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Canyondam.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Canyondam. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Canyondam.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Canyondam. See our Newspapers Page for Canyondam.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Canyondam ...
Looking for more information about Canyondam? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Canyondam, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Canyondam.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Mentions & References for Canyondam
The Communities of California
About Plumas County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Canyondam. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Plumas County: www.countyofplumas.com/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Plumas, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Canyondam - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Canyondam). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Canyondam or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Canyondam) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Canyondam. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from CanyondamOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Canyondam. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 40.1718, Longitude: -121.0744 |
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|