Welcome to Archer ...
So far, we have found very little information about Archer. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Archer to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Archer, please Contact Us.
Archer would have been located within present day San Bernardino County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of Archer, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Archer is 850 feet [259 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Archer was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel east from Archer (for example, toward Lake Havasu City (AZ)), you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
If Archer still existed, it would have been in the (760) & (442)<5> area codes.
Communities Also Named Archer ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 18 communities that are also named Archer - they are located in Alabama, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska (2), Nevada, Ohio, Ontario, Tennessee, West Virginia and Wyoming.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Archer.
Communities near Archer ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Archer.
- Chubbuck [San Bernardino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chubbuck
- Chubbuck [San Bernardino County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<6> to the southeast of Archer
- Cadiz [San Bernardino County]
- Chambless [San Bernardino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chambless
- Chambless [San Bernardino County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<6> to the northwest of Archer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chambless
- Saltus [San Bernardino County] - Historic
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Saltus have been provided by the GNIS.<8> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Saltus
- Saltus [San Bernardino County] was located 20 miles [32.2 km]<6> to the northwest of Archer
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Essex [San Bernardino County]
- Amboy [San Bernardino County]
- Bagdad [San Bernardino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bagdad
- Bagdad [San Bernardino County] was located 31 miles [49.9 km]<6> to the west of Archer
- Goffs [San Bernardino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goffs
- Goffs [San Bernardino County] lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<6> to the northeast of Archer
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Goffs
- Siberia [San Bernardino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Siberia
- Siberia [San Bernardino County] was located 38 miles [61.2 km]<6> to the west of Archer
- Eagle Mountain [Riverside County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Mountain
- Eagle Mountain [Riverside County] was located 39 miles [62.8 km]<6> to the south of Archer
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We're compiling a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Archer. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Archer.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Archer. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Archer.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Archer. See our Newspapers Page for Archer.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in California
About San Bernardino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for San Bernardino County: www.sbcounty.gov/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Archer, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including San Bernardino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Archer - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Area code (442) is an overlay for area code (760).|
|<6>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Archer) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Archer. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Archer
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Archer. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4198, Longitude: -115.3640 In this case, the coordinates for Archer have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<7>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<8>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|