Around Alta ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Roseville. It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the southwest of Alta. Roseville has a population of 145,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Rocklin.
It is located about 36 miles [ km] to the southwest of Alta and has a population of 70,200 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Blue Tent [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Blue Tent
- Blue Tent [Nevada County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Alta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Blue Tent
- Casa Loma [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casa Loma
- Casa Loma [Placer County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the east of Alta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casa Loma
- Cedar Ridge [Nevada County]
- Chicago Park [Nevada County]
- Colfax [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Colfax
- Colfax [Placer County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Alta
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,009 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colfax
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Colfax<3>
- Dutch Flat [Placer County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Emigrant Gap [Placer County]
- Gold Flat [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gold Flat
- Gold Flat [Nevada County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the west of Alta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gold Flat have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gold Flat
- Gold Run [Placer County]
- Iowa Hill [Placer County]
- Michigan Bluff [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Michigan Bluff
- Michigan Bluff [Placer County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the south of Alta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Michigan Bluff
- Nevada City [Nevada County]
- Scotts Flat [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Scotts Flat
- Scotts Flat [Nevada County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the northwest of Alta
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Scotts Flat
- Secret Town [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Secret Town
- Secret Town [Placer County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Alta
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Secret Town have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Secret Town
- Washington [Nevada County]
For more communities neighboring Alta, please visit our County-by-County Page for Alta.
Placer County ...
Alta is located in Placer County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Placer County: El Dorado, Nevada, Sacramento, Sutter, Yuba, Carson City (NV), Douglas (NV) & Washoe (NV).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Alta ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Alta.
Airports Near Alta ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Alta and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Alta.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alta ...
Looking for more information about Alta? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Alta. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Alta, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Alta.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of California:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for California
About Placer County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alta. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Placer County: www.placer.ca.gov/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Alta.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Alta) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alta. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from AltaOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alta. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.2070, Longitude: -120.8111 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Placer, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Alta), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|