Welcome to Secret Town ...
Secret Town is located in Placer County<1>.
We aren't confident of the location of Secret Town, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Secret Town is 2,900 feet [884 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the elevation of Secret Town is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Secret Town lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Secret Town is located in the (530) area code.
Communities near Secret Town ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Secret Town.
- Grass Valley [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grass Valley
- Grass Valley [Nevada County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Secret Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 12,763 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grass Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Grass Valley<5>
- Nevada City [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nevada City
- Nevada City [Nevada County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Secret Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 3,127 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nevada City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nevada City<5>
- Colfax [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Colfax
- Colfax [Placer County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Secret Town
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,009 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Colfax
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Colfax<5>
- Alta [Placer County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Chicago Park [Nevada County]
- Chicago Park [Placer County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chicago Park
- Chicago Park [Placer County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the southwest of Secret Town
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Chicago Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<2>
- Casa Loma [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Casa Loma
- Casa Loma [Placer County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northeast of Secret Town
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Casa Loma
- Cedar Ridge [Nevada County]
- Yankee Jims [Placer County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Yankee Jims
- Yankee Jims [Placer County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the south of Secret Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Yankee Jims have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Yankee Jims
- Alta Sierra [Nevada County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Alta Sierra
- Alta Sierra [Nevada County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of Secret Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Alta Sierra have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Alta Sierra
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Secret Town. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Secret Town.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Secret Town. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Secret Town.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Secret Town. See our Newspapers Page for Secret Town.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Secret Town ...
Looking for more information about Secret Town? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Secret Town, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Secret Town.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of California
About Placer County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Secret Town. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Placer County: www.placer.ca.gov/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Placer, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Secret Town - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Secret Town) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Secret Town. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Secret TownOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Secret Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 39.1571, Longitude: -120.8776 In this case, the coordinates for Secret Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).|
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|