Welcome to Alamorio ...
Alamorio is located in Imperial County<1>.
We aren't confident of the location of Alamorio, so consider the above location as an estimate.<2>
Alamorio is near sea level<3>.
Time Zone: Alamorio lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you leave Alamorio and travel east, you will leave Pacific Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
Telephone area codes for Alamorio: (760) & (442)<4>
Communities near Alamorio ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Alamorio.
- El Centro [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for El Centro
- El Centro [Imperial County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<5> to the southwest of Alamorio
- Estimated population in 2018: 44,120 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on El Centro
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for El Centro<6>
- Brawley [Imperial County]
- Imperial [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Imperial
- Imperial [Imperial County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Alamorio
- Estimated population in 2018: 17,695 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Imperial
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Imperial<6>
- Calipatria [Imperial County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Holtville [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Holtville
- Holtville [Imperial County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the southeast of Alamorio
- Estimated population in 2018: 6,678 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Holtville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Holtville<6>
- Westmorland [Imperial County]
- Estelle [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Estelle
- Estelle [Imperial County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the north of Alamorio
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Estelle
- Watermans Corner [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Watermans Corner
- Watermans Corner [Imperial County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<5> to the south of Alamorio
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Watermans Corner
- Amos [Imperial County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Amos
- Amos [Imperial County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Alamorio
- Date City [Imperial County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Date City
- Date City [Imperial County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the southeast of Alamorio
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Date City
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Alamorio. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Alamorio.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Alamorio. See our Newspapers Page for Alamorio.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Alamorio ...
Looking for more information about Alamorio? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Alamorio, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Alamorio.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in California
About Imperial County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Alamorio. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Imperial County: www.co.imperial.ca.us/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Imperial, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Alamorio - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Area code (442) is an overlay for area code (760).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Alamorio) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Alamorio. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Alamorio
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Alamorio. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.9783, Longitude: -115.4628 In this case, the coordinates for Alamorio have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|