Welcome to Agua Fria ...
So far, we have found very little information about Agua Fria. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Agua Fria to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Agua Fria, please Contact Us.
Agua Fria would have been located within present day Mariposa County<2>.
The location of Agua Fria has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<3>
While the community is gone, the present day location for Agua Fria is 2,000 feet [610 m] above sea level.<4>.
Time Zone: The area where Agua Fria was located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time
The location where Agua Fria once stood is in the (209) area code.
Communities Also Named Agua Fria ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are two California communities named Agua Fria: This one is located in Mariposa County and the other is located in San Bernardino County.
Beyond California, there are 5 communities that are also named Agua Fria - they are located in Arizona (2) and New Mexico (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Agua Fria.
Communities near Agua Fria ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Agua Fria.
- Catheys Valley [Mariposa County]
- Midpines [Mariposa County]
- Bear Valley [Mariposa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Valley
- Bear Valley [Mariposa County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the northwest of Agua Fria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Valley
- Bootjack [Mariposa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bootjack
- Bootjack [Mariposa County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<5> to the east of Agua Fria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bootjack
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Bagby [Mariposa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bagby
- Bagby [Mariposa County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Agua Fria
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Bagby. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Darrah [Mariposa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Darrah
- Darrah [Mariposa County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the east of Agua Fria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Darrah
- Jerseydale [Mariposa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jerseydale
- Jerseydale [Mariposa County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northeast of Agua Fria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jerseydale
- Hornitos [Mariposa County]
- Nipinnawasee [Madera County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nipinnawasee
- Nipinnawasee [Madera County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<5> to the east of Agua Fria
- Merced Falls [Merced County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Merced Falls
- Merced Falls [Merced County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<5> to the west of Agua Fria
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Merced Falls
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Agua Fria. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Agua Fria.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Agua Fria. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Agua Fria.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Agua Fria. See our Newspapers Page for Agua Fria.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in California
About Mariposa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Mariposa County: www.mariposacounty.org/
The official website for State of California: https://www.ca.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Agua Fria, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of California's counties, including Mariposa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Agua Fria - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Agua Fria) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Agua Fria. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 37.4849, Longitude: -120.0202 In this case, the coordinates for Agua Fria have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|