Welcome to Mission ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Mission, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated February 2, 1950.
Mission is near sea level<1>.
Time Zone: Mission lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Area codes for Mission: (604) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Mission: V2V<3>
Websites for Mission ...
Official Website: www.city.mission.bc.ca/
Communities Also Named Mission ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 25 communities that are also named Mission - they are located in Arizona, California (6), Delaware, Idaho, Kansas (4), Michigan (3), Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina (2), Oregon, South Dakota, Texas and Washington.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Mission.
Communities near Mission ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Mission.
- Maple Ridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Ridge
- Maple Ridge lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Mission
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maple Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Ridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maple Ridge<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chilliwack
- Chilliwack lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<4> to the east of Mission
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chilliwack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chilliwack
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chilliwack<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Pitt Meadows
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pitt Meadows
- Pitt Meadows lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the west of Mission
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Pitt Meadows came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pitt Meadows
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pitt Meadows<5>
- Lynden [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynden
- Lynden [Whatcom County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the southwest of Mission
- Estimated population in 2019: 15,223 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lynden<5>
- Everson [Whatcom County]
- Nooksack [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nooksack
- Nooksack [Whatcom County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Mission
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,631 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nooksack have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nooksack
- Sumas [Whatcom County]
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Mission. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Mission.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Mission. See our Newspapers Page for Mission.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Mission ...
Looking for more information about Mission? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Mission, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Mission.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Mission: www.city.mission.bc.ca/
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Mission - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (604).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Mission, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Mission). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Mission or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mission) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mission. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from MissionOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mission. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1402, Longitude: -122.3166 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|