Curious and Interesting Names Near Kaleden ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Crescent Beach
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crescent Beach
- Crescent Beach lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the north of Kaleden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crescent Beach
- Eagle Bluff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagle Bluff
- Eagle Bluff lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<1> to the southeast of Kaleden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Eagle Bluff came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagle Bluff
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oliver
- Oliver lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<1> to the south of Kaleden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oliver came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oliver
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Oliver<3>
- Poplar Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Grove
- Poplar Grove lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the north of Kaleden
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Poplar Grove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Grove
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Prairie Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Prairie Valley
- Prairie Valley lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the north of Kaleden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Prairie Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Prairie Valley
- Shingle Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shingle Creek
- Shingle Creek lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<1> to the northwest of Kaleden
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Shingle Creek came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shingle Creek
- Trout Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trout Creek
- Trout Creek lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Kaleden
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trout Creek
Notable Births & Deaths ...
This is a new section for us and we are still collecting data.
Below is our list of notable people who were born, died or were buried in the area surrounding Kaleden. Please note that while we are collecting data on an ongoing basis, it's a big task and it's unlikely that our list will ever be more than a sample.
- View Our List ...
- Margaret Alexis Smith (Actress, singer)
- Actress, singer. She was born in Penticton (BC) on June 8, 1921 (a Wednesday) and died in Los Angeles (CA) on June 9, 1993 (a Wednesday) at the age of 72. The body was cremated.
- Penticton is located 6 miles [9.7 km] to the north of Kaleden.
- Find-A-Grave Memorial: Margaret Alexis Smith<5>
How Far From Kaleden to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Kaleden to various places of note, such as Parliament Hill.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Kaleden and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Victoria, which is the Provincial Capital of British Columbia, lies 183 miles [294.5 km]<1> to the west southwest (WSW). If you could drive a straight line from Kaleden to Victoria, with an average speed<6>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take a little over three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 11 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 8 days.
- The National Capital at Parliament Hill (Ottawa, ON) is 2,040 miles [3,283.1 km] to the east (E). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 116 days.
- The shortest distance<7> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 6,614 miles [10,644.2 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,377 miles [11,872.1 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<9>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,487 miles [8,830.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<10>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a British Columbia Community
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Kaleden: www.kaleden.ca/
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Kaleden) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Kaleden. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from KaledenOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Kaleden. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.4000, Longitude: -119.6000 |
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<6>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<7>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Kaleden to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 338.695 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 340.013 degrees.|
|<10>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 325.799 degrees.||