Welcome to Poplar Grove ...
We aren't confident of the location of Poplar Grove, so consider the above location as an estimate.<1>
A typical abbreviation for Poplar Grove: Poplar Grv.
Time Zone: Poplar Grove lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Telephone area codes for Poplar Grove: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Poplar Grove: V2A<3>
Communities Also Named Poplar Grove ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 34 communities that are also named Poplar Grove - they are located in Arkansas (2), Georgia, Illinois (2), Indiana (2), Iowa, Kentucky (3), Louisiana (2), Maryland, North Carolina (3), Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario, Pennsylvania (2), Prince Edward Island, Saskatchewan, Tennessee (8), Utah and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Poplar Grove.
Communities near Poplar Grove ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Poplar Grove.
- Penticton (3 miles [4.8 km] to the southwest)
- Summerland (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Peachland (18 miles [29 km] to the northwest)
- Naramata (4 miles [6.4 km] to the north)
- Crescent Beach (7 miles [11.3 km] to the northwest)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crescent Beach
- Crescent Beach lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the northwest of Poplar Grove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crescent Beach
- Kaleden (9 miles [14.5 km] to the south)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleden
- Kaleden lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the south of Poplar Grove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaleden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaleden<5>
- Chute Lake (10 miles [16.1 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chute Lake
- Chute Lake lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Poplar Grove
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Chute Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<1>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chute Lake
- Okanagan Falls (13 miles [20.9 km] to the south)
- Trepanier (18 miles [29 km] to the north)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trepanier
- Trepanier lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Poplar Grove
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trepanier
- Carmi (19 miles [30.6 km] to the east)
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Carmi
- Carmi lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<4> to the east of Poplar Grove
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Carmi came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Carmi
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Poplar Grove ...
Looking for more information about Poplar Grove? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Poplar Grove, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Poplar Grove.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Recent Changes to RoadsideThoughts ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Poplar Grove. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Poplar Grove, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Poplar Grove). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Poplar Grove or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Poplar Grove) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Poplar Grove. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Poplar GroveOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Poplar Grove. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.5334, Longitude: -119.5621 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|