Welcome to Summerland ...
While we don't have a date for the establishment of Summerland, you might get a feel for its founding by knowing that they incorporated December 21, 1908.
Summerland is 1,490 feet [454 m] above sea level.<1>.
Time Zone: Summerland lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Area codes for Summerland: (250) and (778)<2>
The Canadian Postal Code for Summerland: V0H<3>
Communities Also Named Summerland ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named Summerland - they are located in California, Mississippi and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Summerland.
Communities near Summerland ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Summerland.
- Poplar Grove
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Poplar Grove
- Poplar Grove lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<4> to the southeast of Summerland
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Poplar Grove. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Poplar Grove
- Chute Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chute Lake
- Chute Lake lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Summerland
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Chute Lake. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chute Lake
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Trepanier
- Trepanier lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Summerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Trepanier
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaleden
- Kaleden lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the south of Summerland
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaleden came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<7>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaleden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kaleden<5>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Westbank
- Westbank lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Summerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Westbank
- Lakeview Heights
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lakeview Heights
- Lakeview Heights lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the north of Summerland
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lakeview Heights
- Okanagan Falls
- West Kelowna
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Summerland ...
Looking for more information about Summerland? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Summerland, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Summerland.
Adding Summerland to Our Gazetteer ...
As we work on our Gazetteer, we occasionally find mention of a community that is new to us. When we find such a community, we add it to our Gazetteer with the hope of adding more information in the future.
Our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Summerland was on a map titled Map of British Columbia (from Gulf Refining, 1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Summerland on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Summerland
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Summerland. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Summerland - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<2>||Area code (778) is an overlay for area code (250).|
|<3>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Summerland, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Summerland). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Summerland or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Summerland) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Summerland. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from SummerlandOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Summerland. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.6073, Longitude: -119.6768 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|