A visit to the Ashcroft Cemetery ...
Since our focus is on geography, we don't have burial or interment information. Nor do we have any contact information for the Ashcroft Cemetery. For information of that nature, we suggest the Find-A-Grave<1> website: The Ashcroft Cemetery (FAG ID #639370)
We have organized the cemeteries in our Gazetteer based on a problem that we had while working on our own genealogy. Without specifying the cemeteries involved, we found an ancestor that we believed to have been buried in one cemetery was actually buried elsewhere.
We discovered that his burial had been refused at the last moment and the family had scrambled to make new arrangements. By looking at nearby cemeteries, the surrounding communities and in newspapers of the period, we were finally able to locate his burial site.
Should you find yourself in the same situation, we hope that our Gazetteer helps you discover your lost ancestor.
The Location of the Ashcroft Cemetery ...
Jump to Google Maps centered on the Ashcroft Cemetery
We are using the following GPS coordinates (latitude and longitude) for the Ashcroft Cemetery
Lat: 50.7163° (50° 42' 58")
Lon: -121.2817° (-121° 16' 54")
Websites to help with your research ...
When we do our genealogical research, we begin with the websites from Cyndi's List, FamilySearch and Genealogy Trails. These professional and volunteer websites offer the information directly or else point to where you can find it. Their websites are open to everyone.
To help you get started, the following links will take you to the pages that might help with the Ashcroft Cemetery:
- Pages specific to British Columbia:
- Cemetery Information and Directories:
- About the African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church ...
- Although we don't have a link to the Ashcroft Cemetery
itself, you might be curious about the African Methodist Episcopal Church. See their website at:
- The African Methodist Episcopal Church
- Of Special Interest ...
- The GenDisasters website specializes in newspaper articles about tragedies and disasters. While it makes interesting reading all by itself, it should be of special interest to genealogists and family historians looking for people who were either affected by or directly involved in such tragedies.
- At this time (Dec 2022), GenDisasters website is currently offline due to a hacker attack. Hopefully they will be back soon.
- Disaster Stories from British Columbia
List of neighboring communities ...
The following 11 communities are within 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> of the Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Cache Creek
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clinton
- Clinton lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northwest of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clinton came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clinton
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Clinton<3>
- Fountain Valley
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fountain Valley
- Fountain Valley lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fountain Valley came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fountain Valley
- Logan Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan Lake
- Logan Lake lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Logan Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Logan Lake<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pavilion
- Pavilion lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pavilion
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Savona
- Savona lies 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the east of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Savona came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Savona
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Savona<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Skeetchestn
- Skeetchestn lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Skeetchestn came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Skeetchestn
- Spences Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walhachin
- Walhachin lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the east of Ashcroft Cemetery.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walhachin
For the full list of neighboring communities with details, please visit our extended List of Communities.
List of the closest cemeteries ...
We know of 3 cemeteries that are within 40 miles [64.4 km] of the Ashcroft Cemetery. The cemeteries are listed in alphabetical order.
- Hillside Cemetery
- Kamloops Chinese Cemetery
- Whispering Pines Cemetery
For an expanded list with details, please visit our List of cemeteries.
Miscellaneous References and Mentions ...
Our approach is to add the name of a cemetery whenever we see it mentioned - usually from newspapers, old books and maps. Typically we have little information to start with, but we continue to add detail as we find it.
We've created the following list to keep track of the sources that we found useful for the Ashcroft Cemetery:
- Referenced Find-A-Grave Entry: #639370
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The Find-a-Grave website is an excellent research tool with information about a cemetery's location and interments. They also offer a forum for their members which can provide additional help. More information about Find-a-Grave can be found on their website: findagrave.com.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- ) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point at the Ashcroft Cemetery. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.7163, Longitude: -121.2817 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|