Welcome to Atchelitz ...
Although we found mention of Atchelitz during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> We believe that Atchelitz had a post office at one time. We have done a cursory search and haven't been able to find any evidence that the community still exists..
We've added Atchelitz to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Atchelitz, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Atchelitz might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities near Atchelitz ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Atchelitz.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chilliwack
- Chilliwack lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Atchelitz
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chilliwack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chilliwack
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chilliwack<3>
- Nooksack [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nooksack
- Nooksack [Whatcom County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the southwest of Atchelitz
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,631 people
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nooksack have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nooksack
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Harrison Hot Springs
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harrison Hot Springs
- Harrison Hot Springs lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Atchelitz
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harrison Hot Springs came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Harrison Hot Springs
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Harrison Hot Springs<3>
- Sumas [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sumas
- Sumas [Whatcom County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southwest of Atchelitz
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,534 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sumas
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sumas<3>
- Cultus Lake
- Seabird Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Seabird Island
- Seabird Island lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Atchelitz
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Seabird Island came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Seabird Island
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Barrowtown
- Barrowtown lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the west of Atchelitz
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Barrowtown
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deroche
- Deroche lies 5 miles [8 km]<2> to the northwest of Atchelitz
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Deroche came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<4>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deroche
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Deroche<3>
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Atchelitz. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Atchelitz.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Atchelitz. See our Newspapers Page for Atchelitz.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Atchelitz ...
Looking for more information about Atchelitz? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Atchelitz, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Atchelitz.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Atchelitz and then turned west". While Atchelitz could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Atchelitz as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Atchelitz could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Atchelitz) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Atchelitz. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.1167, Longitude: -122.0167
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|