Welcome to Agate ...
Although we found mention of Agate during our research, we really don't have any information about it.<1> Given the context of how Agate was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Agate to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Agate, please Contact Us.
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Agate might be (or was) located is in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Communities Also Named Agate ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 10 communities that are also named Agate - they are located in Colorado, Georgia, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ontario, Utah and Washington (2).
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Agate.
Communities near Agate ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Agate.
- Canford Mill - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Canford Mill
- Canford Mill was located 8 miles [12.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Agate
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Canford Mill. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coyle
- Coyle lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Agate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coyle came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coyle
- Lower Nicola
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lower Nicola
- Lower Nicola lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the southeast of Agate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Lower Nicola came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lower Nicola
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lower Nicola<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shulus
- Shulus lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the southeast of Agate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Shulus
- Spences Bridge
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gladwin
- Gladwin lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<2> to the west of Agate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gladwin
- Logan Lake
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Logan Lake
- Logan Lake lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northeast of Agate
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Logan Lake came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<5>
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Logan Lake
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Logan Lake<3>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicola
- Nicola lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the east of Agate
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicola
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Agate ...
Looking for more information about Agate? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Agate, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Agate.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went north past Agate and then turned west". While Agate could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Agate as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Mile's to see Pete ... Mile's is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Agate could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong . Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Agate) to Point B.Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Agate. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 50.2667, Longitude: -121.1167 |
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<5>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|