Welcome to Aberdeen ...
Several communities named Aberdeen share the same reason for their choice of Aberdeen. We're speculating that it might apply here: Named after the city in Scotland.
Time Zone: Aberdeen lies in the Pacific Time Zone (PST/PDT) and observes daylight saving time. The time zone in French: PST- Heure Normale du Pacifique (HNP), PDT- Heure Avancée du Pacifique (HAP).
Aberdeen is located in the (604) area code.
The Canadian Postal Code for Aberdeen: V4X<1>
Communities Also Named Aberdeen ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 33 communities that are also named Aberdeen - they are located in Arkansas (2), British Columbia, California, Colorado, Florida (2), Georgia (3), Idaho, Indiana (2), Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina (2), Nova Scotia, Ohio, Ontario (2), Pennsylvania (2), Saskatchewan, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Aberdeen.
Communities near Aberdeen ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Aberdeen.
- Maple Ridge
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Maple Ridge came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Maple Ridge
- Maple Ridge lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northwest of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Maple Ridge
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Maple Ridge<4>
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Chilliwack came from an uncertain source and they still need to be verified:<2>
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chilliwack
- Chilliwack lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the northeast of Aberdeen
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chilliwack
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chilliwack<4>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Lynden [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lynden
- Lynden [Whatcom County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<3> to the southwest of Aberdeen
- Estimated population in 2019: 15,223 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lynden
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lynden<4>
- Ferndale [Whatcom County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Ferndale
- Ferndale [Whatcom County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<3> to the southwest of Aberdeen
- Estimated population in 2019: 14,897 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Ferndale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Ferndale<4>
- Blaine [Whatcom County]
- Everson [Whatcom County]
- Nooksack [Whatcom County]
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nooksack have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nooksack
- Nooksack [Whatcom County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<3> to the south of Aberdeen
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,631 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nooksack
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Aberdeen. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Aberdeen.
We have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Aberdeen. See our Newspapers Page for Aberdeen.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Aberdeen ...
Looking for more information about Aberdeen? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Aberdeen, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Aberdeen.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in British Columbia
About British Columbia
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Aberdeen. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Province of British Columbia: https://www.gov.bc.ca/
|<1>||The Canadian Postal Code consists of 6 characters, where the first three characters are the 'Forward Sortation Area (FSA)', with the last three characters being the 'Local Delivery Unit (LDU)'. In the case of Aberdeen, we provide only the FSA and not the LDU. The Canadian Postal Codes were created as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. So keep in mind that any given Postal Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Aberdeen). The boundaries of the Postal Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other Postal Codes. When looking for a Postal Code, whether Aberdeen or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the Canada Post / Postes Canada.|
|<2>||If we have found a location and have questions about the accuracy of our information, we will simply say that the marker is 'in the vicinity'. We are not confident about the location and the position of our marker is only a rough guide. If we have too many doubts about the location, we will not include it in our database.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Aberdeen) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Aberdeen. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Aberdeen
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Aberdeen. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 49.0550, Longitude: -122.3270
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|