Welcome to Young ...
Young is located in Gila County<1>.
Young is 5,180 feet [1,579 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Young is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Young lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Young is located in the (928) area code.
The ZIP code for Young: 85554<3>
Communities Also Named Young ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 15 communities that are also named Young - they are located in Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana (3), Michigan, Mississippi, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Saskatchewan, Tennessee (2), Texas and West Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Young.
Communities near Young ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Young.
- Bear Flat [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bear Flat
- Bear Flat [Gila County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bear Flat
- Christopher Creek [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Christopher Creek
- Christopher Creek [Gila County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Christopher Creek
- Kohls Ranch [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kohls Ranch
- Kohls Ranch [Gila County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kohls Ranch
- Forest Lakes [Coconino County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Gisela [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gisela
- Gisela [Gila County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the west of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Gisela have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gisela
- Grasshopper [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grasshopper
- Grasshopper [Navajo County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the east of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Grasshopper have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grasshopper
- Tonto Village [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tonto Village
- Tonto Village [Gila County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tonto Village
- Star Valley [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star Valley
- Star Valley [Gila County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Population from the 2020 Census: 2,327 people
- Star Valley has also been known as:
- Diamond Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star Valley<5>
- Sun Valley [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sun Valley
- Sun Valley [Gila County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<4> to the northwest of Young
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sun Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sun Valley
- Jakes Corner [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakes Corner
- Jakes Corner [Gila County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<4> to the west of Young
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakes Corner
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Young. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Young.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Young. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Young.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Young. See our Newspapers Page for Young.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Young ...
Looking for more information about Young? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Young, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Young.
Adding Young to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Young in both the FIPS-55 and the GNIS. For more information, see the FIPS and GNIS Codes sections on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Young was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
We also found Young on a map titled Rand McNally Map of Arizona and New Mexico (1925).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Young on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Mentions & References for Young
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Young. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Young - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Young). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Young or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Young) to Point B.If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Young. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from YoungOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Young. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.1015, Longitude: -110.9530 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|