Welcome to Gisela ...
Gisela is located in Gila County<1>.
The location of Gisela has been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (ie- the GNIS).<2>
Gisela is 2,880 feet [878 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Gisela is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: Gisela lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Communities near Gisela ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Gisela.
- Payson [Gila County]
- Star Valley [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Star Valley
- Star Valley [Gila County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Gisela
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,308 people
- Star Valley has also been known as:
- Diamond Star
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Star Valley
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Star Valley<5>
- Rye [Gila County]
- Deer Creek [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Deer Creek
- Deer Creek [Gila County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Deer Creek
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Jakes Corner [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Jakes Corner
- Jakes Corner [Gila County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the south of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Jakes Corner
- Oxbow Estates [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oxbow Estates
- Oxbow Estates [Gila County] lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oxbow Estates
- Sun Valley [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sun Valley
- Sun Valley [Gila County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the north of Gisela
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sun Valley have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sun Valley
- Mesa Del Caballo [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mesa Del Caballo
- Mesa Del Caballo [Gila County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the north of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mesa Del Caballo
- Freedom Acres [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Freedom Acres
- Freedom Acres [Gila County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<4> to the north of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Freedom Acres
- Flowing Springs [Gila County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flowing Springs
- Flowing Springs [Gila County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<4> to the north of Gisela
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flowing Springs
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Gisela. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Gisela.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Gisela. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Gisela.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Gisela. See our Newspapers Page for Gisela.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Gisela ...
Looking for more information about Gisela? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Gisela, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Gisela.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Gila County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gisela. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Gila County: www.co.gila.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Gila, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Gisela - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gisela) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gisela. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gisela
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gisela. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.1017, Longitude: -111.2799 In this case, the coordinates for Gisela have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|