Welcome to Valentine ...
Valentine is located in Mohave County<1>.
Valentine is 3,800 feet [1,158 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the altitude of Valentine is about ¾ mile [or ~1¼ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Valentine lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Valentine lies within the (928) area code.
The ZIP code for Valentine: 86437<3>
Communities Also Named Valentine ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 12 communities that are also named Valentine - they are located in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Louisiana, Montana, Nebraska, New Jersey, Ohio, South Carolina (2) and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Valentine.
Communities near Valentine ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Valentine.
- Antares [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Antares
- Antares [Mohave County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the west of Valentine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Antares
- Truxton [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Truxton
- Truxton [Mohave County] lies 8 miles [12.9 km]<4> to the northeast of Valentine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Truxton
- Peach Springs [Mohave County]
- Kingman [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingman
- Kingman [Mohave County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<4> to the southwest of Valentine
- Estimated population in 2019: 31,013 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kingman<5>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Grand Canyon Caverns [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Grand Canyon Caverns
- Grand Canyon Caverns [Coconino County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<4> to the northeast of Valentine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Grand Canyon Caverns
- Cerbat [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cerbat
- Cerbat [Mohave County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<4> to the west of Valentine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cerbat
- Mineral Park [Mohave County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mineral Park
- Mineral Park [Mohave County] was located 28 miles [45.1 km]<4> to the west of Valentine
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Mineral Park. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Harris [Mohave County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Harris
- Harris [Mohave County] was located 29 miles [46.7 km]<4> to the southwest of Valentine
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Harris have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Chloride [Mohave County]
- McConnico [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for McConnico
- McConnico [Mohave County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<4> to the southwest of Valentine
- Jump to Google Maps centered on McConnico
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Valentine. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Valentine.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Valentine. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Valentine.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Valentine. See our Newspapers Page for Valentine.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Valentine ...
Looking for more information about Valentine? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Valentine, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Valentine.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Mohave County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Valentine. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Mohave County: www.co.mohave.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Mohave, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Valentine - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a community (such as Valentine). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Valentine or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Valentine) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Valentine. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Valentine
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Valentine. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.3883, Longitude: -113.6609
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|