Welcome to Tip Top ...
So far, we have found very little information about Tip Top. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Tip Top to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Tip Top, please Contact Us.
Tip Top would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
Tip Top was settled in 1876.
While the community is gone, the present day location for Tip Top is 2,500 feet [762 m] above sea level.<3> In other words, the altitude of Tip Top is about ½ mile above sea level.
Time Zone: The area where Tip Top was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Tip Top would have been located in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named Tip Top ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 9 communities that are also named Tip Top - they are located in Colorado, Kentucky, Missouri, New York, South Carolina (2), Tennessee (2) and Virginia.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Tip Top.
Communities near Tip Top ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Tip Top.
- Humbug [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Humbug
- Humbug [Yavapai County] was located 4 miles [6.4 km]<4> to the west of Tip Top
- Black Canyon City [Yavapai County]
- Gillett [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gillett
- Gillett [Yavapai County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southeast of Tip Top
- Fort Misery [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Misery
- Fort Misery [Yavapai County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the northwest of Tip Top
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fort Misery have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Oro Belle [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oro Belle
- Oro Belle [Yavapai County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of Tip Top
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Oro Belle. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<7>
- Bradshaw City [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bradshaw City
- Bradshaw City [Yavapai County] was located 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Tip Top
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Bradshaw City have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County]
- Crown King [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Crown King
- Crown King [Yavapai County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the northwest of Tip Top
- Crown King has also been known as:
- Crowned King
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Crown King
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Crown King<5>
- New River [Maricopa County]
- Copperopolis [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Copperopolis
- Copperopolis [Yavapai County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<4> to the west of Tip Top
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Copperopolis have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Tip Top. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Tip Top.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Tip Top. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Tip Top.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Tip Top. See our Newspapers Page for Tip Top.
Adding Tip Top to Our Gazetteer ...
We originally found mention of Tip Top in the GNIS. For more information, see the Referenced GNIS Codes section on our Miscellaneous Page.
In addition, our notes show that the earliest dated mention that we've found for Tip Top was in the Business Atlas and Shippers' Guide (1895).
For more details about the above, see References and Mentions for Tip Top on our Genealogy Page.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Tip Top, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Tip Top - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Tip Top) to Point B.If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Tip Top. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Tip TopOur distance measurements begin at a specific point in Tip Top. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.0509, Longitude: -112.2472 |
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<7>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|