Welcome to Queen Creek ...
The town of Queen Creek is primarily located in Maricopa County<1>. A portion of Queen Creek extends into Pinal County.
A typical abbreviation for Queen Creek: Queen Crk. (or less commonly used: Queen Ck. or Queen Cr.)
From the Census Estimates for 2019, Queen Creek has a population of 50,890 people<2> (see below for details).
We don't have a date for the establishment of Queen Creek.
Queen Creek is 1,400 feet [427 m] above sea level.<3>.
Time Zone: Queen Creek lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Queen Creek is within the boundaries of the (480) area code.
The ZIP code for Queen Creek: 85242<4>
Websites for Queen Creek ...
Official Website: www.queencreek.org/
Population Details ...
Taken from the 2019 Census Estimates, Queen Creek had an population of 50,890 people. This is an increase of 93.05% since the 2010 Census (or an increase of 1,079.1% since the 2000 Census).
At the time of the 2010 Census, Queen Creek had a population of 26,361 people. This makes Queen Creek the county's 14th most populous community.
The population of Queen Creek represents 0.41% of the population of Arizona (which has 6,392,017 people), making it the state's 28th most populous community.
With a 2010 count of 26,361 people, the population of Queen Creek increased 510.77% from the 2000 Census (with a count of 4,316 people).
More information can be found on the Census Page for Queen Creek.
Communities near Queen Creek ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Queen Creek.
- Mesa [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mesa
- Mesa [Maricopa County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Queen Creek
- Estimated population in 2019: 518,012 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mesa
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mesa<6>
- Chandler [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Chandler
- Chandler [Maricopa County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<5> to the west of Queen Creek
- Estimated population in 2019: 261,165 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Chandler
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Chandler<6>
- Gilbert [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Gilbert
- Gilbert [Maricopa County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the northwest of Queen Creek
- Estimated population in 2019: 254,114 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Gilbert
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Gilbert<6>
- Apache Junction [Pinal County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Coolidge [Pinal County]
- Higley [Maricopa County]
- Santan [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Santan
- Santan [Pinal County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the southwest of Queen Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Santan have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Santan
- Sonora [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sonora
- Sonora [Maricopa County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<5> to the northwest of Queen Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sonora have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sonora
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sonora<6>
- Silver Spur Village [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver Spur Village
- Silver Spur Village [Maricopa County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the north of Queen Creek
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Silver Spur Village have been provided by the GNIS.<7> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Silver Spur Village
- Stotonic [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Stotonic
- Stotonic [Pinal County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<5> to the southwest of Queen Creek
- Stotonic has also been known as:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Stotonic
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Queen Creek. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Queen Creek.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Queen Creek. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Queen Creek.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Queen Creek. See our Newspapers Page for Queen Creek.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Queen Creek ...
Looking for more information about Queen Creek? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the Tourism page for Queen Creek, there are neighboring communities that also have Tourism pages. More information about those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Queen Creek.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Maricopa County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Queen Creek: www.queencreek.org/
The official website for Maricopa County: www.maricopa.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Maricopa, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Queen Creek.|
|<3>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Queen Creek - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<4>||ZIP Codes have been created by the United States Postal Service (USPS) as a way of grouping addresses to make delivery more efficient. The boundaries of the ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned, eliminated or overlapped with other ZIP Codes. So keep in mind that any given ZIP Code is only 'loosely' associated with a town (such as Queen Creek). When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Queen Creek or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|
|<5>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Queen Creek) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Queen Creek. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Queen Creek
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Queen Creek. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.2486, Longitude: -111.6379
|<6>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<7>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|