Census Data for Otero ...
So far, we have found very little information about Otero. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Otero to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Otero, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Otero has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Otero, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nogales
- Nogales [Santa Cruz County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the south of Otero
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 20,103 people. This represents a 3.52% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 20,837 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nogales
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Nogales<3>
- Patagonia [Santa Cruz County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Patagonia
- Patagonia [Santa Cruz County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the east of Otero
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 874 people. This represents a 4.27% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 913 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Patagonia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Patagonia<3>
- Sahuarita [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sahuarita
- Sahuarita [Pima County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<2> to the north of Otero
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 31,421 people. This represents a 24.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 25,259 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sahuarita
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Sahuarita<3>
- Huachuca City [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huachuca City
- Huachuca City [Cochise County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the east of Otero
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 1,736 people. This represents a 6.31% decrease since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,853 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huachuca City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Huachuca City<3>
Santa Cruz County ...
Otero is located in Santa Cruz County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Santa Cruz County.
Miscellaneous Information for Otero ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Santa Cruz County or the community of Otero:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Otero:
- GNIS ID for Otero: 32577
- GNIS ID for Santa Cruz County: 40472
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Otero would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Otero.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Communities in Arizona
About Santa Cruz County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Santa Cruz County: www.co.santa-cruz.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Otero, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Otero) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Otero. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Otero
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Otero. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.5310, Longitude: -111.0152 In this case, the coordinates for Otero have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Santa Cruz, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|