Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Oljato-Monument Valley, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Oljato-Monument Valley and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Oljato-Monument Valley:
- 36.99198, -110.184812
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Oljato-Monument Valley
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Oljato-Monument Valley ...
We have found one communities that share the name Oljato-Monument Valley.
Within Arizona, the name Oljato-Monument Valley is unique.
Beyond Arizona, there is another community also named Oljato-Monument Valley in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- San Juan County
- This Oljato-Monument Valley is located in San Juan County and lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<1> to the west northwest of the Oljato-Monument Valley that is located in Navajo County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oljato-Monument Valley
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the San Juan County community of Oljato-Monument Valley.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Oljato-Monument Valley ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baby Rocks
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baby Rocks
- Bluff [San Juan County]
- Clay Hills Crossing [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Clay Hills Crossing
- Clay Hills Crossing [San Juan County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the northwest of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Clay Hills Crossing have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Clay Hills Crossing
- Diamond Fields [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Diamond Fields
- Diamond Fields [Apache County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<1> to the southeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Diamond Fields have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Diamond Fields
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Mexican Hat [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mexican Hat
- Mexican Hat [San Juan County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<1> to the northeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Former name for Mexican Hat:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mexican Hat
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mexican Hat<2>
- Mexican Water [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mexican Water
- Mexican Water [Apache County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<1> to the east of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Mexican Water have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mexican Water
- Rock Point [Apache County]
- Sand Springs [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sand Springs
- Sand Springs [Apache County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<1> to the east of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sand Springs have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sand Springs
How Far From Oljato-Monument Valley to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Oljato-Monument Valley to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Oljato-Monument Valley and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Holbrook, which is the Seat of Navajo County and lies 144 miles [231.7 km]<1> to the south. If you could drive a straight line from Oljato-Monument Valley to Holbrook, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take less than three hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 9 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 6 days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 266 miles [428.1 km] to the south southwest (SSW). Driving would take four to five hours, a buggy would take 11 days and walking would take 16 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,799 miles [2,895.2 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take most of three days, a buggy would take 71 days and walking would take 103 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,182 miles [11,558.3 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 7,947 miles [12,789.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 5,892 miles [9,482.3 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Navajo County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oljato-Monument Valley. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Navajo County: www.co.navajo.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Oljato-Monument Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oljato-Monument Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oljato-Monument Valley
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Oljato-Monument Valley to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.18 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.081 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.036 degrees.||