Welcome to Oljato-Monument Valley ...
Although we found mention of Oljato-Monument Valley during our research, we have little information about it.<1> Given the context of how Oljato-Monument Valley was mentioned, we believe that it was a community rather than a locale or some type of landmark. We have done a cursory search and if it was a community, we haven't been able to find any evidence that it still exists..
We've added Oljato-Monument Valley to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Oljato-Monument Valley, please Contact Us.
A typical abbreviation for Oljato-Monument Valley: Oljato Monument Vly. (or less commonly used: Oljato Monument Vally. or Oljato Monument Vlly.)
Time Zone: The area where we believe that Oljato-Monument Valley might be (or was) located is in the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT) and observes daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Oljato-Monument Valley, you will leave Mountain Time and cross into the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST). In addition, you will be moving from an area that observes daylight saving time to one that does not.
We believe that Oljato-Monument Valley would be found within the (435) area code.
Communities Also Named Oljato-Monument Valley ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found another community named Oljato-Monument Valley - it's located in Arizona.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Oljato-Monument Valley.
Communities near Oljato-Monument Valley ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Oljato-Monument Valley.
- Oljato [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oljato
- Oljato [San Juan County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<2> to the northwest of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Oljato has also been known as:
- Oljato Trading Post
- Oljeto Trading Post
- Oljetoh Trading Post
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oljato
- Kayenta [Navajo County]
- Piute Farms [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Piute Farms
- Piute Farms [San Juan County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<2> to the northwest of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Piute Farms. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Baby Rocks
- Baby Rocks [Navajo County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the southeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Baby Rocks
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Halchita [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Halchita
- Halchita [San Juan County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Halchita
- Mexican Hat [San Juan County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mexican Hat
- Mexican Hat [San Juan County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Former name for Mexican Hat:
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mexican Hat
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mexican Hat<3>
- Zahn's Camp [San Juan County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Zahn's Camp
- Zahn's Camp [San Juan County] was located 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Zahn's Camp. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<4>
- Dennehotso [Apache County]
- Tsegi [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tsegi
- Tsegi [Navajo County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the south of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tsegi
- Tes Nez Iah [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tes Nez Iah
- Tes Nez Iah [Apache County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the east of Oljato-Monument Valley
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tes Nez Iah
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Oljato-Monument Valley ...
Looking for more information about Oljato-Monument Valley? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Oljato-Monument Valley, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Oljato-Monument Valley.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Utah
About San Juan County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for State of Utah: https://www.utah.gov/
|<1>||If we encounter the name of what might be a community, our methodology is to add that name to our Gazetteer. For example, we might find a sentence like "He went south past Oljato-Monument Valley and then turned west". While Oljato-Monument Valley could be some kind of landmark, we think that it's more likely to be a community. We've added Oljato-Monument Valley as a placeholder with the hope that we'll be able to add more information in the future.|
Just as a reminder: Our definition of a community is rather broad and includes those places (or areas) where several families lived and had a name which identified that place. For example, you might hear somebody say that they are going over to Bird Creek to see Pete ... Bird Creek is just a gas station and a couple of homes at the crossroads. While it might not be on the map, everybody in the area knows it by that name.
Places of interest include buildings at a crossroad, several families clustered in a hollow or maybe the location of a way station. It also includes places like mines, lumber camps, ferry crossings, etc. The community might still exist, is now gone or only existed for just a short period of time.
Also keep in mind that Oljato-Monument Valley could have been on the original document by mistake, misspelled, the original/alternate name of a community that we've listed elsewhere or was placed in the wrong county. Sometimes a post office or train station would have a different name than the community where it's located, so two names might be referring to the same community - we're working to straighten it all out.
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Oljato-Monument Valley) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oljato-Monument Valley. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oljato-Monument Valley
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|