Census Data for Oatman ...
As far as we can tell, Oatman has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Oatman, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Bullhead City [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Bullhead City
- Bullhead City [Mohave County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<1> to the northwest of Oatman
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 40,884 people. This represents a 3.4% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 39,540 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Bullhead City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Bullhead City<2>
- Needles [San Bernardino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Needles
- Needles [San Bernardino County] lies 17 miles [27.4 km]<1> to the southwest of Oatman
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 4,976 people. This represents a 2.73% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 4,844 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Needles
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Needles<2>
- Kingman [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kingman
- Kingman [Mohave County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<1> to the northeast of Oatman
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 31,013 people. This represents a 10.49% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 28,068 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kingman
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kingman<2>
- Lake Havasu City [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lake Havasu City
- Lake Havasu City [Mohave County] lies 37 miles [59.5 km]<1> to the south of Oatman
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 55,865 people. This represents a 6.35% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 52,527 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lake Havasu City
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lake Havasu City<2>
Mohave County ...
Oatman is located in Mohave County<3>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Mohave County.
Miscellaneous Information for Oatman ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Mohave County or the community of Oatman:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Oatman:
- GNIS ID for Oatman: 8901
- GNIS ID for Mohave County: 25445
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- The FIPS Codes ...
- An earlier (and largely obsolete) identification method was called the Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS):
- State Code: 04 (Arizona)
- County Code: 015 (Mohave County)
- Place Code: 50620 (Oatman)
- State & County Code: 04/015 (Arizona / Mohave County)
- State & Place Code: 04/50620 (Arizona / Oatman)
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Oatman is located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
- The US Postal Service ZIP Code ...
- While some people have used a ZIP code to identify a community, the purpose of the ZIP code was to make mail delivery more efficient by grouping addresses together. Although the ZIP Code doesn't specifically identify a community like Oatman, it does identify addresses that are in (or near) Oatman. It's important to remember that the boundaries of a ZIP Code can be changed, re-assigned or overlapped with other ZIP Codes.
- The ZIP code for Oatman:86433<4>
- Census ZCTA Codes ...
- The US Census Bureau created statistical entities that they call ZIP Code Tabulation Areas (ZCTAs) and these ZCTAs are frequently confused with the ZIP codes that come from the US Postal Service (USPS).
- ZCTAs were first created for the 2000 Census and at that time, they were based upon the USPS ZIP codes. While largely covering the same areas, the boundaries of a ZCTA do not necessarily match the boundaries of a postal ZIP code with the same number. For example, while a postal ZIP code can cross a county or state line, a Census ZCTA can not. They should be treated as separate entities with no correlation between them.
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Oatman.
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Mohave County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Oatman. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Mohave County: www.co.mohave.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Oatman) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Oatman. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Oatman
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Oatman. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 35.0266, Longitude: -114.3839
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Mohave, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<4>||When looking for a ZIP Code, whether Oatman or elsewhere, it's always best to check the website of the United States Postal Service (USPS).|