Nearest Communities to North Rim By- County ...
The purpose of this page is to identify those communities that are closest to North Rim, on a County-by-County basis. To explain further, let's use the example from the Genealogy Helper Page for North Rim:
We have great-grandparents who lived in a small community in the southeast corner of their home county. During their lives, most hospitals and doctors were in the next county to the east. Almost all of the nearby churches and cemeteries were in the county to the south.
When doing our research, we make it a practice to expand our search by looking in neighboring counties in addition to the county in which they lived: their home county contained property and probate records; the county to the east contained birth and death records; the county to the south contained their burial records. If we hadn't checked the neighboring counties, we would have missed many valuable sources of information.
Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<1>
If you're researching your genealogy, we hope that the following information helps.
North Rim is located in Coconino County.
The following 6 counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Our Gazetteer shows that there are 9 communities within 40 miles [64.4 km]<1> of North Rim.
We usually exclude communities where we still need to verify their location,<2> but for the purpose of this page, we have included the unverified ('unver') and historic ('hist') communities.
After starting with the home county for North Rim (which is Coconino County), we list the counties in alphabetical order and for each of those counties, the closest communities are listed in order of their distance from North Rim. For the following list, only those counties that contain communities within 40 miles [64.4 km] are displayed.
- Coconino County (The county where North Rim resides)
- County Website: www.co.coconino.az.us/
- County Seat for Coconino: Flagstaff
- Genealogy Websites ...
- Nearest Communities to North Rim ...
- Vista Encantada [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vista Encantada
- Vista Encantada [Coconino County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the east of North Rim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Vista Encantada have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Vista Encantada
- Grand Canyon Village [Coconino County]
- Tusayan [Coconino County]
- Coconino [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Coconino
- Coconino [Coconino County] lies 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the southwest of North Rim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Coconino have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Coconino
- Apex [Coconino County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Apex
- Apex [Coconino County] was located 19 miles [30.6 km]<1> to the south of North Rim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Apex have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Cane [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cane
- Cane [Coconino County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<1> to the north of North Rim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cane have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cane
- Woodin [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Woodin
- Woodin [Coconino County] lies 27 miles [43.5 km]<1> to the southwest of North Rim
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Woodin have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Woodin
- Jacob Lake [Coconino County]
- Continue List ...
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Coconino County
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- North Rim) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for North Rim. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from North Rim
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in North Rim. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.2137, Longitude: -112.0621
|<2>||Our data comes from many sources and some sources are more dependable than others. When we add communities to our Gazetteer, we try to verify that we have the correct location for the community. We mark a community as 'Unverified' when we aren't confident about our data and want to do further checking.|
We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now.
Since our Gazetteer contains over 100,000 communities, verifying everything is going to take time. If you find an error or can help us to improve our accuracy, please let us know.
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|