Around Moccasin ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Hurricane (UT). It is located about 34 miles [54 km] to the northwest of Moccasin. Hurricane (UT) has a population of 19,100 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Kanab (UT).
It is located about 15 miles [ km] to the northeast of Moccasin and has a population of 4,900 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Moccasin.<2>
- Cane Beds [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cane Beds
- Cane Beds [Mohave County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<2> to the west of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cane Beds
- Colorado City [Mohave County]
- Fredonia [Coconino County]
- Kaibab [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kaibab
- Kaibab [Coconino County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the southeast of Moccasin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Kaibab have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kaibab
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mangum Springs
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the southeast of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mangum Springs
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sixmile Village
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<2> to the east of Moccasin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sixmile Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sixmile Village
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Apple Valley [Washington County]
- Big Plain Junction [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Plain Junction
- Big Plain Junction [Washington County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Plain Junction
- Hildale [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hildale
- Hildale [Washington County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Moccasin
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,896 people
- Former name for Hildale:
- Short Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hildale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hildale<3>
- Kanab [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanab
- Kanab [Kane County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northeast of Moccasin
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,931 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kanab<3>
- Mount Carmel Junction [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Carmel Junction
- Mount Carmel Junction [Kane County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the north of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Carmel Junction
- Mount Carmel [Kane County]
- Orderville [Kane County]
- Rockville [Washington County]
- Springdale [Washington County]
For more communities neighboring Moccasin, please visit our County-by-County Page for Moccasin.
Mohave County ...
Moccasin is located in Mohave County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Mohave County: Coconino, La Paz, Yavapai, San Bernardino (CA), Clark (NV), Lincoln (NV), Kane (UT) & Washington (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Moccasin ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Moccasin.
Airports Near Moccasin ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Moccasin and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Moccasin.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community located in Arizona
About Mohave County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moccasin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Mohave County: www.co.mohave.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Moccasin.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Moccasin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Moccasin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Moccasin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moccasin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.9094, Longitude: -112.7580
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Mohave, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Moccasin), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|