Welcome to Moccasin ...
Moccasin is located in Mohave County<1>.
Moccasin is 5,090 feet [1,551 m] above sea level.<2> In other words, the elevation of Moccasin is about 1 mile [or ~1½ km] above sea level.
Time Zone: Moccasin lies in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
Note: If you travel west from Moccasin, you will leave Mountain Standard Time and cross into the Mountain Time Zone (MST/MDT). In addition, you will be moving from an area that does not observe daylight saving time to one that does.
Moccasin is located in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named Moccasin ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 6 communities that are also named Moccasin - they are located in California (2), Illinois, Montana, Tennessee and Texas.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for Moccasin.
Communities near Moccasin ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near Moccasin.
- Kanab [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanab
- Kanab [Kane County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Moccasin
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,931 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kanab<4>
- Colorado City [Mohave County]
- Hildale [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Hildale
- Hildale [Washington County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<3> to the northwest of Moccasin
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,896 people
- Former name for Hildale:
- Short Creek
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Hildale
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Hildale<4>
- Fredonia [Coconino County]
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Cane Beds [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cane Beds
- Cane Beds [Mohave County] lies 7 miles [11.3 km]<3> to the west of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cane Beds
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sixmile Village
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<3> to the east of Moccasin
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sixmile Village have been provided by the GNIS.<5> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sixmile Village
- Fort Kanab [Kane County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fort Kanab
- Fort Kanab [Kane County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<3> to the northeast of Moccasin
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Fort Kanab. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<6>
- Big Plain Junction [Washington County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Plain Junction
- Big Plain Junction [Washington County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northwest of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Plain Junction
- Shunesburg [Washington County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Shunesburg
- Shunesburg [Washington County] was located 21 miles [33.8 km]<3> to the northwest of Moccasin
- Mount Carmel Junction [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mount Carmel Junction
- Mount Carmel Junction [Kane County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<3> to the north of Moccasin
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mount Carmel Junction
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around Moccasin. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for Moccasin.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of Moccasin. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around Moccasin.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around Moccasin. See our Newspapers Page for Moccasin.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Moccasin ...
Looking for more information about Moccasin? A wonderful source is the TripAdvisor website. We always start with the TripAdvisor Tourism page, where you can read an overview with links that will help you find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
While we are unaware of a Tourism page that is specific to Moccasin, there are neighboring communities that do have Tourism pages. A map of those communities can be found with our TripAdvisor Page for Moccasin.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Mohave County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Moccasin. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Mohave County: www.co.mohave.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Mohave, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<2>||The elevation is an estimate for the area around Moccasin - it will be higher in some places and lower in others.|
|<3>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Moccasin) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Moccasin. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Moccasin
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Moccasin. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.9094, Longitude: -112.7580
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<6>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|