Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Mexican Town, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Mexican Town and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Mexican Town:
- 32.368114, -112.863766
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Mexican Town
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Pima County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Pima County
- Since Mexican Town is near Maricopa County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Maricopa County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Curious and Interesting Names Near Mexican Town ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Childs [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Childs
- Childs [Pima County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<1> to the north of Mexican Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Childs have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Childs
- Lukeville [Pima County]
- Rocky Point [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Rocky Point
- Rocky Point [Maricopa County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<1> to the north of Mexican Town
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Rocky Point have been provided by the GNIS.<2> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Rocky Point
- Why [Pima County]
How Far From Mexican Town to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers & Almanacs that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Mexican Town to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Mexican Town and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Tucson, which is the Seat of Pima County and lies 113 miles [181.9 km]<1> to the east. If you could drive a straight line from Mexican Town to Tucson, with an average speed<4>of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, it would take about two hours to make the trip. A comfortable walk of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour would take 7 days. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take 5 days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 87 miles [140 km] to the north northeast (NNE). Driving would take less than two hours, a buggy would take most of three days and walking would take 5 days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,046 miles [3,292.7 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take 4 days, a buggy would take 80 days and walking would take 117 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,535 miles [12,126.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,300 miles [13,357.6 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,237 miles [10,037.5 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community in Arizona
About Pima County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Mexican Town. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pima County: www.co.pima.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Mexican Town) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Mexican Town. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Mexican Town
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Mexican Town. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.3681, Longitude: -112.8638 In this case, the coordinates for Mexican Town have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Mexican Town to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.61 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.383 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.604 degrees.||