Welcome to McCabe ...
So far, we have found very little information about McCabe. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added McCabe to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with McCabe, please Contact Us.
McCabe would have been located within present day Yavapai County<2>.
We aren't confident of the location of McCabe, so consider the above location as an estimate.<3>
Time Zone: The area where McCabe was located is in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (MST) and does not observe daylight saving time
If McCabe still existed, it would have been in the (928) area code.
Communities Also Named McCabe ...
Using our Gazetteer, we have found that there are 3 communities that are also named McCabe - they are located in British Columbia, Montana and South Carolina.
For more information, see our Tidbits & Trivia Page for McCabe.
Communities near McCabe ...
We have created a list of 10 communities that are near McCabe.
- Prescott Valley [Yavapai County]
- Prescott [Yavapai County]
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Dewey - Humboldt
- Dewey - Humboldt [Yavapai County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<4> to the northeast of McCabe
- Estimated population in 2015: 3,988 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Dewey - Humboldt
- Howells [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Howells
- Howells [Yavapai County] was located 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the west of McCabe
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Howells. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Walker [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walker
- Walker [Yavapai County] lies 5 miles [8 km]<4> to the southwest of McCabe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walker
- Mayer [Yavapai County]
- Oak Knoll Village [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Oak Knoll Village
- Oak Knoll Village [Yavapai County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<4> to the west of McCabe
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Oak Knoll Village have been provided by the GNIS.<6> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Oak Knoll Village
- Granite Dells [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Granite Dells
- Granite Dells [Yavapai County] lies 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the northwest of McCabe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Granite Dells
- Palace Station [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palace Station
- Palace Station [Yavapai County] was located 10 miles [16.1 km]<4> to the southwest of McCabe
- Note: We haven't been able to verify our GPS coordinates for Palace Station. Although the coordinates have been estimated, they should be in the vicinity.<3>
- Miller Valley [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miller Valley
- Miller Valley [Yavapai County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<4> to the west of McCabe
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miller Valley
To Help With Your Genealogy Research ...
We have a couple of sections for those tracing their genealogy.
We created a list of cemeteries that are in the area around McCabe. Our list includes the location of those cemeteries and we provide an overhead view. See our Cemetery List for McCabe.
Using the information from an 1895 Atlas, we've created a list of communities that were in the area of McCabe. Our list includes information such as whether the 1895 community had a post office or railroad service. See our List of 1890's Communities around McCabe.
We also have a detailed list of newspapers that have been published in the area around McCabe. See our Newspapers Page for McCabe.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about McCabe, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<3>||An 'estimated' location is one where we have been given GPS coordinates, but are unable to verify the accuracy of those coordinates. That said, we have some confidence that we have placed the marker near the actual location. A typical reason for being unable to verify a location is that it might be on private property or maybe historic and gone without an obvious trace.|
|<4>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- McCabe) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance, we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for McCabe. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from McCabe
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in McCabe. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.4906, Longitude: -112.2869
|<5>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<6>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|