Census Data for Maverick ...
So far, we have found very little information about Maverick. The little that we've found leads us believe that the community is historic.<1>
We've added Maverick to our Gazetteer with the hope that we can develop more information. If you can help us with Maverick, please Contact Us.
As far as we can tell, Maverick has not been included in past Census counts, so there is no population information for this community.
While we don't have census information for Maverick, you might be interested in some nearby communities where we do:
- Eagar [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Eagar
- Eagar [Apache County] lies 29 miles [46.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Maverick
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 4,941 people. This represents a 1.15% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 4,885 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eagar
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Eagar<3>
- Springerville [Apache County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Springerville
- Springerville [Apache County] lies 30 miles [48.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Maverick
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 1,978 people. This represents a 0.87% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 1,961 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Springerville
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Springerville<3>
- Pinetop-Lakeside [Navajo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Pinetop-Lakeside
- Pinetop-Lakeside [Navajo County] lies 36 miles [57.9 km]<2> to the northwest of Maverick
- The population in 2019 was estimated at 4,469 people. This represents a 4.37% increase since 2010.The 2010 Census gave a population of 4,282 people.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Pinetop-Lakeside
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Pinetop-Lakeside<3>
Apache County ...
Maverick is located in Apache County<4>.
For more information, please visit our Census Page for Apache County.
Miscellaneous Information for Maverick ...
The Federal government has assigned various identifying codes to each community, county and state. At one time or another, the US Census Bureau has used one (or more) of the following identifiers when referring to either Apache County or the community of Maverick:
- The GNIS Codes ...
- The current system of identification is called the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS). The following GNIS codes relate to Maverick:
- GNIS ID for Maverick: 24510
- GNIS ID for Apache County: 25441
- GNIS ID for State of Arizona: 1779777
- Misc. Census Codes ...
- Maverick would have been located in Census Region #4 (the West Region) and Division #8 (the Mountain Division).
For more information about the various Federal identification codes, please visit our Misc Page for Maverick.
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community within Arizona
About Apache County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Apache County: www.co.apache.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
The official website of the U.S. Board on Geographic Names (BGN)
The official website of the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS)
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Maverick, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Maverick) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Maverick. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.7428, Longitude: -109.5473 In this case, the coordinates for Maverick have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Apache, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|