Around Lowell ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Sierra Vista. It is located about 23 miles [37 km] to the west of where Lowell would have been located. Sierra Vista has a population of 43,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Douglas.
It is located about 21 miles [ km] to the east of Lowell and has a population of 16,200 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance .<2>
- Bisbee [Cochise County]
- Don Luis [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Don Luis
- Don Luis [Cochise County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Lowell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Don Luis
- Double Adobe [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Double Adobe
- Double Adobe [Cochise County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Lowell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Double Adobe
- Douglas [Cochise County]
- Elfrida [Cochise County]
- Hereford [Cochise County]
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Huachuca Terrace [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Huachuca Terrace
- Huachuca Terrace [Cochise County] lies 2 miles [3.2 km]<2> to the southwest of Lowell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Huachuca Terrace
- McNeal [Cochise County]
- Miracle Valley [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Miracle Valley
- Miracle Valley [Cochise County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the west of Lowell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Miracle Valley
- Naco [Cochise County]
- Nicksville [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Nicksville
- Nicksville [Cochise County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the west of Lowell
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Nicksville have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Nicksville
- Palominas [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Palominas
- Palominas [Cochise County] lies 13 miles [20.9 km]<2> to the west of Lowell
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Palominas
- Pirtleville [Cochise County]
- Sierra Vista [Cochise County]
- Tombstone [Cochise County]
For more communities neighboring Lowell, please visit our County-by-County Page for Lowell.
Cochise County ...
Lowell would have been located within present day Cochise County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Cochise County: Graham, Greenlee, Pima, Santa Cruz & Hidalgo (NM).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Lowell ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Lowell.
Airports Near Lowell ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Lowell and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Lowell.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Cochise County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Cochise County: www.cochise.az.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Lowell.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' (or point-to-point) distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Lowell) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Lowell. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.4279, Longitude: -109.8937 In this case, the coordinates for Lowell have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Cochise, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Lowell), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|