Around Jacob Lake ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Kanab (UT). It is located about 28 miles [45 km] to the northwest of Jacob Lake. Kanab (UT) has a population of 4,900 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Fredonia.
It is located about 23 miles [ km] to the northwest of Jacob Lake and has a population of 1,300 people.
The following is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Jacob Lake.<2>
- Fredonia [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fredonia
- Fredonia [Coconino County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northwest of Jacob Lake
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,281 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Fredonia
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Fredonia<3>
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mangum Springs
- Mangum Springs [Coconino County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the southwest of Jacob Lake
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mangum Springs
- Marble Canyon [Coconino County]
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sixmile Village
- Sixmile Village [Mohave County] lies 26 miles [41.8 km]<2> to the northwest of Jacob Lake
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sixmile Village have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sixmile Village
- Big Water [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Big Water
- Big Water [Kane County] lies 39 miles [62.8 km]<2> to the northeast of Jacob Lake
- Estimated population in 2019: 511 people
- Former name for Big Water:
- Glen Canyon City
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Big Water
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Big Water<3>
- Kanab [Kane County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Kanab
- Kanab [Kane County] lies 28 miles [45.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Jacob Lake
- Estimated population in 2019: 4,931 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Kanab
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Kanab<3>
For more communities neighboring Jacob Lake, please visit our County-by-County Page for Jacob Lake.
Coconino County ...
Jacob Lake is located in Coconino County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Coconino County: Gila, Mohave, Navajo, Yavapai, Kane (UT) & San Juan (UT).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Jacob Lake ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Jacob Lake.
Airports Near Jacob Lake ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Jacob Lake and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Jacob Lake.
TripAdvisor Tourism Pages for Jacob Lake ...
Looking for more information about Jacob Lake? A good source is the TripAdvisor website and we always start with their TripAdvisor page for Jacob Lake. Their page will give you an overview and then additional links that will help you to find lodging, restaurants and attractions.
In addition to the TripAdvisor page for Jacob Lake, there are neighboring communities that also have TripAdvisor pages. A list of those communities can be found on our TripAdvisor Page for Jacob Lake.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
The Communities of Arizona
About Coconino County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Jacob Lake. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Coconino County: www.co.coconino.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Jacob Lake.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Jacob Lake) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Jacob Lake. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Jacob Lake
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Jacob Lake. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 36.7147, Longitude: -112.2158
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Coconino, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Jacob Lake), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|