Around Humbug ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Glendale. It is located about 36 miles [57 km] to the south of where Humbug would have been located. Glendale has a population of 252,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Peoria.
It is located about 32 miles [ km] to the south of Humbug and has a population of 176,000 people.
Below is a sample of nearby communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Humbug.<2>
- Anthem [Maricopa County]
- Arcosanti [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Arcosanti
- Arcosanti [Yavapai County] lies 23 miles [37 km]<2> to the northeast of Humbug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Arcosanti
- Black Canyon City [Yavapai County]
- Bumble Bee [Yavapai County]
- Circle City [Maricopa County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Circle City
- Circle City [Maricopa County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the southwest of Humbug
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Circle City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Circle City
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cordes Junction
- Cordes Junction [Yavapai County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Humbug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cordes Junction
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Cordes Lakes [Yavapai County]
- Crown King [Yavapai County]
- Mayer [Yavapai County]
- Morristown [Maricopa County]
- New River [Maricopa County]
- Spring Valley [Yavapai County]
- Walnut Grove [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Walnut Grove
- Walnut Grove [Yavapai County] lies 20 miles [32.2 km]<2> to the northwest of Humbug
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Walnut Grove
- Wickenburg [Maricopa County]
- Wittmann [Maricopa County]
For more communities neighboring Humbug, please visit our County-by-County Page for Humbug.
Yavapai County ...
Humbug would have been located within present day Yavapai County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Yavapai County: Coconino, Gila, La Paz, Maricopa & Mohave.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Humbug ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Humbug.
Airports Near Humbug ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Humbug and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Humbug.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Cities, Towns and Villages of Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Humbug.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'straight-line' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Humbug) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Humbug. Since we usually use Google Maps, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Humbug
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Humbug. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.0537, Longitude: -112.3214
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Yavapai, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Humbug), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|