Around Highjinks ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Tucson. It is located about 26 miles [41 km] to the southwest of Highjinks. Tucson has a population of 548,000 people.<1>.
The next largest community is Marana.
It is located about 29 miles [ km] to the west of Highjinks and has a population of 49,000 people.
Below is a sample of neighboring communities: Keep in mind that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance from Highjinks.<2>
- Casas Adobes [Pima County]
- Catalina Foothills [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Catalina Foothills
- Catalina Foothills [Pima County] lies 21 miles [33.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Highjinks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Catalina Foothills
- Catalina [Pima County]
- Cortaro [Pima County]
- Flowing Wells [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Flowing Wells
- Flowing Wells [Pima County] lies 24 miles [38.6 km]<2> to the southwest of Highjinks
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Flowing Wells have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flowing Wells
- Mammoth [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Mammoth
- Mammoth [Pinal County] lies 11 miles [17.7 km]<2> to the northeast of Highjinks
- Estimated population in 2019: 1,687 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Mammoth
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Mammoth<3>
- Continue List (9 more) ...
- Mount Lemmon [Pima County]
- North Mammoth [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for North Mammoth
- North Mammoth [Pinal County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the northeast of Highjinks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on North Mammoth
- Oracle [Pinal County]
- Oro Valley [Pima County]
- San Manuel [Pinal County]
- Summerhaven [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Summerhaven
- Summerhaven [Pima County] lies 9 miles [14.5 km]<2> to the south of Highjinks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Summerhaven
- Tanque Verde [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Tanque Verde
- Tanque Verde [Pima County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the south of Highjinks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Tanque Verde
- Tortolita [Pima County]
- Willow Canyon [Pima County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Willow Canyon
- Willow Canyon [Pima County] lies 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the south of Highjinks
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Willow Canyon
For more communities neighboring Highjinks, please visit our County-by-County Page for Highjinks.
Pinal County ...
Highjinks is located in Pinal County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Pinal County: Gila, Graham, Maricopa & Pima.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Highjinks ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Highjinks.
Airports Near Highjinks ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Highjinks and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Highjinks.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Arizona Community
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Highjinks. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Highjinks.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores obstructions like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Highjinks) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Highjinks. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.5712, Longitude: -110.7384 In this case, the coordinates for Highjinks have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Pinal, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Highjinks), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|