When we're on the road, rather than always picking an airport that is close to our destination, we try to see if there might be another airport that would better fit our travel plans.<1> To help with your planning, the following list of airports is organized by type and proximity to Highjinks.
Please keep in mind that these airports were chosen based on their air-distance from Highjinks. You should check the map and see how accessible they are when considering one airport over another.
For each of the airports listed below, we've linked to websites where detailed information about the airport can be found.
Of the airports that we know about, these are some of the closest to Highjinks.
Large Airports ...
- Tucson Intl. (TUS/KTUS)
- Phoenix Sky Hbr. Intl. (PHX/KPHX)
Smaller Airports with Scheduled Flights / Air Taxi Service ...
- Marana Rgnl. (ICAO: KAVQ)
- Phoenix - Mesa Gateway Airport (AZA/KIWA)
- Scottsdale Airport (SCF/KSDL)
- Phoenix Deer Valley Airport (DVT/KDVT)
- Phoenix Goodyear Airport (GYR/KGYR)
General Aviation Airports ...
- San Manuel Airport (FAA ID: E77)
- San Manuel Airport lies 6 miles [9.7 km]<2> miles to the northeast of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Manuel Airport
- Pinal Airpark (ICAO: KMZJ)
- Ryan Fld. (ICAO: KRYN)
- Benson Muni. (FAA ID: E95)
- Benson Municipal Airport lies 45 miles [72.4 km]<2> miles to the south southeast of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Benson Municipal Airport
- Continue List (6 more) ...
- Coolidge Muni. (ICAO: KP08)
- Eloy Muni. (FAA ID: E60)
- Eloy Municipal Airport lies 51 miles [82.1 km]<2> miles to the west northwest of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Eloy Municipal Airport
- Superior Muni. (FAA ID: E81)
- Superior Municipal Airport lies 53 miles [85.3 km]<2> miles to the north northwest of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Superior Municipal Airport
- Cochise Co. Airport (FAA ID: P33)
- Cochise County Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the east southeast of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cochise County Airport
- San Carlos Rgnl.
- Globe-San Carlos Regional Air Facility lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Globe-San Carlos Regional Air Facility
- San Carlos Apache Airport (FAA ID: P13)
- San Carlos Apache Airport lies 54 miles [86.9 km]<2> miles to the north of Highjinks.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on San Carlos Apache Airport
Other Roadside Stops ...
Search for a Community in Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Highjinks. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Highjinks), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Highjinks) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Highjinks. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 32.5712, Longitude: -110.7384 In this case, the coordinates for Highjinks have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).