Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Gold Camp, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Gold Camp and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Gold Camp:
- 33.293666, -111.304293
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Gold Camp
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Gold Camp ...
We have found two communities that share the name Gold Camp.
Within Arizona, the name Gold Camp is unique.
Beyond Arizona, we know of another two communities that are located throughout in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Kern County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Kern County, we don't know where within the county.
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Kern County community of Gold Camp.
- Lawrence County
- This community is historic<1> and although located in Lawrence County, we don't know where within the county.
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Lawrence County community of Gold Camp.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Gold Camp ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Fish Creek [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Fish Creek
- Fish Creek [Maricopa County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<2> to the north of Gold Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Fish Creek have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Florence Junction [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Florence Junction
- Florence Junction [Pinal County] lies 3 miles [4.8 km]<2> to the southwest of Gold Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Florence Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Florence Junction
- Gold Canyon [Pinal County]
- Goldfield [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Goldfield
- Goldfield [Pinal County] was located 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the northwest of Gold Camp
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Magma [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Magma
- Magma [Pinal County] lies 15 miles [24.1 km]<2> to the southwest of Gold Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Magma have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Magma
- Price [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Price
- Price [Pinal County] lies 14 miles [22.5 km]<2> to the south of Gold Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Price have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Price
- Queen Valley [Pinal County]
- Silver King [Pinal County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Silver King
- Silver King [Pinal County] was located 12 miles [19.3 km]<2> to the east of Gold Camp
- Smelter Town [Pinal County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Smelter Town
- Smelter Town [Pinal County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the east of Gold Camp
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Smelter Town have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Smelter Town
- Superior [Pinal County]
- Tortilla Flat [Maricopa County]
How Far From Gold Camp to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Gold Camp to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Gold Camp and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Florence, which is the Seat of Pinal County and lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south southwest. If you could walk a straight line from Gold Camp to Florence, with an average speed<5> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take just over a day to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take five to six hours.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 45 miles [72.4 km] to the west northwest (WNW). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take most of two days and walking would take about three full days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 1,938 miles [3,118.9 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 76 days and walking would take 111 days.
- The shortest distance<6> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,435 miles [11,965.5 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,199 miles [13,195 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<8>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,131 miles [9,866.9 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<9>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Find a Community located in Arizona
About Pinal County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Gold Camp. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Pinal County: www.co.pinal.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||We use the term 'Historic' broadly and it generally means that the community no longer exists. However, it can also mean that the community might still exist, but was significantly larger or had a more 'official' existence in the past than it does now. Unfortunately our sources of data have proven to be unreliable. If you can provide us with more specific information about Gold Camp, please let us know so that we can improve our accuracy.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Gold Camp) to Point B.|
If you need the driving distance (or directions), we recommend that you use one of the Mapping Services listed on our Map Page for Gold Camp. Since we usually use Google Maps for our own planning, we've provided the following link for your convenience: Google Map and Driving Directions starting from Gold Camp
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Gold Camp. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 33.2937, Longitude: -111.3043 In this case, the coordinates for Gold Camp have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<5>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<6>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Gold Camp to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 330.531 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 329.16 degrees.|
|<9>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 321.762 degrees.||