Around Galeyville ...
The largest community within a 50 mile [80 km] radius is Lordsburg (NM). It is located about 40 miles [64 km] to the northeast of Galeyville. Lordsburg (NM) has a population of 2,400 people.<1>.
The following is a sample of neighboring communities: Please note that when we give a distance, it's a 'straight-line' distance starting from Galeyville.<2>
- Apache [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Apache
- Apache [Cochise County] lies 18 miles [29 km]<2> to the south of Galeyville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Apache
- Bowie [Cochise County]
- Elfrida [Cochise County]
- McNeal [Cochise County]
- Paradise [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Paradise
- Paradise [Cochise County] lies less than 2 miles<2> to the south of Galeyville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Paradise
- Pearce [Cochise County]
- Continue List (7 more) ...
- Portal [Cochise County]
- San Simon [Cochise County]
- Sunizona [Cochise County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sunizona
- Sunizona [Cochise County] lies 25 miles [40.2 km]<2> to the west of Galeyville
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sunizona
- Animas [Hidalgo County]
- Cotton City [Hidalgo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Cotton City
- Cotton City [Hidalgo County] lies 22 miles [35.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Galeyville
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Cotton City have been provided by the GNIS.<4> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Cotton City
- Lordsburg [Hidalgo County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Lordsburg
- Lordsburg [Hidalgo County] lies 40 miles [64.4 km]<2> to the northeast of Galeyville
- Estimated population in 2019: 2,398 people
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Lordsburg
- Jump to TripAdvisor's Tourism page for Lordsburg<3>
- Rodeo [Hidalgo County]
For more communities neighboring Galeyville, please visit our County-by-County Page for Galeyville.
Cochise County ...
Galeyville is located in Cochise County<5>.
The following counties adjoin and form the boundaries of Cochise County: Graham, Greenlee, Pima, Santa Cruz & Hidalgo (NM).
Curious and Interesting Names Near Galeyville ...
It seems like there is always a nearby community with a name that seems interesting, maybe familiar or just catches our attention in some other way. We've collected some names which strike us as being curious or interesting. Our list can be found on the Tidbits & Trivia Page for Galeyville.
Airports Near Galeyville ...
When a trip includes a flight, we try to find an airport that best fits our travel plans.<6> To that purpose, we've assembled a list of that are relatively close to Galeyville and that information can be found on the Airports Page for Galeyville.
Websites We Enjoy ...
When we're planning a trip, we like to check the following websites for sights, attractions and places to visit.
- For the State of Arizona:
- TripAdvisor Links for:
- Also of Interest:
Other Roadside Stops ...
Index of Cities, Towns and Villages for Arizona
About Cochise County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Galeyville. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Cochise County: www.cochise.az.gov/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Population counts have been provided by the U.S. Census Bureau. For more detail, please visit our Census Page for Galeyville.|
|<2>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line drawn from Point A (ie- Galeyville) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Galeyville. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 31.9504, Longitude: -109.2184 In this case, the coordinates for Galeyville have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<3>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<4>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<5>||If you're interested in how the shape of Arizona's counties, including Cochise, have changed over time, we recommend the Atlas of Historical County Boundaries.|
|<6>||When we are planning a trip (for example, to Galeyville), we usually look for the obvious: the choice of airlines that fly into the airport, the number of flights, the connections we have to make, which car rentals are available, etc. We also look for sights and attractions that we might find between any given airport and our destination - we do love exploring. We're willing to fly into a more distant airport if we can get the services and amenities that we like. Even though our choice of airport might be inconvenient to others, it usually gives us a better trip.|