Outdoor Activities ...
As we travel, we like to pursue some of our interests (such as astronomy and bird watching).
When in Flores, we use the following websites to find information relevant to Flores and the surrounding area.
- Astronomy & Satellites ...
- Whether using binoculars, a small telescope or the naked-eye, the Heavens-Above
website can help you to find your way around the night-time sky. In addition to detailed
sky charts, their website will help you find planets, asteriods, comets, satellites and their tracks across the sky.
- To give accurate results, Heavens-Above requires the latitude and longitude of your location. As a starting point, when we link to Heavens-Above,
we pass this GPS location for Flores:
- 34.062528, -112.821569
- Once you're on the Heavens-Above website, you can improve its accuracy by giving a more precise longitude and latitude as your actual position.
- The Heavens-Above Website, centered on Flores
- Bird Watching ...
- We enjoy finding new spots for bird watching and we use the eBird website for local sighting reports and to help identify hotspots.
- The eBird website is organized on a county-by-county basis. We have selected Yavapai County as the starting point when you click on the link below:
- eBird sighting report for Yavapai County
- Since Flores is near Maricopa County, we have provided a link to its eBird sighting report:
- eBird sighting report for Maricopa County
- Waymarking ...
- Looking for somewhere out of the ordinary? Find a unique place and want to share it with others? Then it's time to visit Waymarking.com:
Communities Also Named Flores ...
We have found one communities that share the name Flores.
Within Arizona, the name Flores is unique.
Beyond Arizona, there is another community also named Flores in the United States.
- Communities Elsewhere In North America ...
- Hillsborough County
- This Flores is located in Hillsborough County and lies 1,851 miles [2,978.9 km]<1> to the east of the Flores that is located in Yavapai County.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Flores
- For more information, please visit our profile page for the Hillsborough County community of Flores.
Curious and Interesting Names Near Flores ...
As we travel, we always see a community with a name that gives pause. While there are names which are interesting or familiar, some catch our attention or strike our fancy. We always wonder about such a name. If time permits and the community is not too far, we'll usually try to make a side-trip.
- Congress [Yavapai County]
- Congress Junction [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Congress Junction
- Congress Junction [Yavapai County] was located 7 miles [11.3 km]<1> to the north of Flores
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Congress Junction have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Constellation [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Constellation
- Constellation [Yavapai County] was located 14 miles [22.5 km]<1> to the east of Flores
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Constellation have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Octave [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Octave
- Octave [Yavapai County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Flores
- Continue List (4 more) ...
- Peeples Valley [Yavapai County]
- Sand Mill [Yavapai County]
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Sand Mill
- Sand Mill [Yavapai County] lies 4 miles [6.4 km]<1> to the east of Flores
- Note: The GPS coordinates that we are using for Sand Mill have been provided by the GNIS.<3> The coordinates still need to be verified.
- Jump to Google Maps centered on Sand Mill
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Vulture City
- Vulture City [Maricopa County] was located 16 miles [25.7 km]<1> to the south of Flores
- Vulture City has also been known as:
- Vulture Mine
- Weaver [Yavapai County] - Historic
- Jump to our Gazetteer entry for Weaver
- Weaver [Yavapai County] was located 9 miles [14.5 km]<1> to the northeast of Flores
- Former name for Weaver:
How Far From Flores to ...
We spend a lot of time looking through Gazetteers, Almanacs & Directories that were published in the late 1800's and early 1900's. Many of the Gazetteers include the distance from a community such as Flores to various places of note, such as the White House.
With a nod to our favorite Gazetteers, the straight-line distance beginning in Flores and extending to:
- View Our List ...
- Prescott, which is the Seat of Yavapai County and lies 38 miles [61.2 km]<1> to the north northeast. If you could walk a straight line from Flores to Prescott, with an average speed<4> of 2.2 miles [3.5 km] per hour, it would take over two days to make the trip. A horse and buggy averaging 3.2 miles [5.1 km] per hour would take just about two full days.
- Phoenix, which is the State Capital of Arizona, lies 60 miles [96.6 km] to the southeast (SE). Driving, with an average speed of 63 miles [101.4 km] per hour, would take less than an hour, a buggy would take about three full days and walking would take most of three days.
- The White House (Washington, DC) is 2,001 miles [3,220.3 km] to the east northeast (ENE). Driving would take three full days, a buggy would take 79 days and walking would take 114 days.
- The shortest distance<5> to Jerusalem (specifically the Temple Mount and the Dome of the Rock) is 7,430 miles [11,957.4 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<6>
- The distance to the Great Mosque of Mecca (specifically the Ka'bah - or Kaaba ) is 8,197 miles [13,191.8 km] and it lies to the north northeast (NNE).<7>
- The distance to Saint Peter's Basilica (The Vatican) is 6,143 miles [9,886.2 km] and it lies to the northeast (NE).<8>
Other Roadside Stops ...
Visit our Community Index for Arizona
About Yavapai County
Off-the-Road Links ...
Unfortunately, we don't know of a website for Flores. If you can help, please contact us through our Feedback Page.
The official website for Yavapai County: www.co.yavapai.az.us/
The official website for State of Arizona: https://az.gov/
|<1>||Our distances are not driving distances, but are calculated as a 'point-to-point' distance. A straight line distance ignores things like rivers, canyons, lakes, et cetera - it's truly a line from Point A (ie- Flores) to Point B.|
Our distance measurements begin at a specific point in Flores. The point we use is located at these GPS coordinates - Latitude: 34.0625, Longitude: -112.8216 In this case, the coordinates for Flores have been provided by the Geographic Names Information System (GNIS).
|<2>||While we're fans and frequent users of TripAdvisor, you should know that we're also members of the TripAdvisor affiliate program.|
|<3>||The location has been supplied by the Geographic Names Information System - which is maintained by the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS). While these values should be definitive, we have found that accuracy can vary and you should double-check the location if accuracy is required.|
|<4>||While we have tried to pick reasonable speeds, the rate of travel is very theoretical - obstacles like fences, hills, lakes, river crossings and rest stops have been ignored. When we say 'Days' of travel, we're assuming 8 hours of travel per day.|
|<5>||The shortest line can be visualized by stretching a string on a Globe from Point A to Point B - this is known as a Great Circle Route. Where you might expect the shortest route from Flores to the Middle East to be East and South, the Great Circle Route actually lies to the North and East.|
|<6>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Jerusalem is 331.843 degrees.|
|<7>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to Mecca is 330.812 degrees.|
|<8>||The calculated bearing (or angle) to the Vatican is 322.575 degrees.||